Sponsored

Flatout Gt350 journal

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I bought mine without driving it. Deep down, you know what you are getting. If you can get past the fit and finish, it is one of the greatest cars to come along in a long time.

I'm sure you know that. You have a lot of reading to do.
That's a great point [MENTION=21800]Tomster[/MENTION]. I didn't drive mine before I got it and when I first did, it was something like a .2 mile slow creep from the dealership to my garage after a salt cleansing rain last March. The real fun started May 1st :thumbsup:

OP
OP

hp1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I love reading stories like these, always fun to read!

Congratulations on your car, if it was just a 4-5hr drive, I'd definitely do that. Just make sure to keep a safe distance from any cars ahead of you. That's what I had to do before I got Xpel on the car about a month after I received mine.

Btw, SJ = San Jose?
Thanks guys. Yes... I really wanted to drive back. I even found a exhaust shop on the route home to delete the resonator:crazy:. However, it is still winter here and the roads are not the best. Even though this winter has been milder(so far), without a wrap I was a bit hesitant. More importantly logistics wise getting to this dealership was a bit more complicated, it is in the middle of nowhere. I was looking at flying there and driving back, however the closest airport is hour and half away. As supportive as my wife is, I did not want to subject her to drive back 4.5 hours by herself.

Ps. SJ for South Jersey, right near Philadelphia.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
'ol south Jersey. I used to fly out of McGuire some time ago. Ever been to Manasquan or Point Pleasant?

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Congrats on the car. It is a beautiful car.
I have to admit if that color was available when I ordered mine, it would have won hands down.
Hope you enjoy the car.

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Awesome story and congrats on the car. That color is beautiful. You're going to love the car. It's not perfect but every time you get on the gas and hear that Voodoo scream, nothing else really matters.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I picked up mine a 5 hour drive but I could only get one friend who had the time to go along and the deal he made was he got to drive it home. Since he is a old race car driver I agreed.

OP
OP

hp1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Update, decided to pick up the car with my buddy on Feb 10th. Leading up to it, I was nervous, as we had a snowstorm heading our way early Thursday morning. Thank God, the snow was much less than expected, and the roads were all cleared by late Thursday afternoon. Friday, after reviewing my checklist, I departed

We headed out to Blairsville Pa, a couple hours away from Pittsburgh. It took us 3.5 hours of travel time to get there. Rick from Tri-star Ford was excellent to deal with through out the process. We were in and out of the dealership in literally 5 mins. All of the paperwork was done prior to arrival. Dealer brought the car around and I laid my eyes on her for the first time in person. I was in awe of the color. It looked so much better in person. I was so giddy, there were so many emotions running through my mind. Did I say I loved the color!!!

We started our trek back to Maryland where my buddy lives. After the 100 mile marker, I got a chance to go full throttle…. :headbang:… no youtube video, or article can emulate this experience. The power band is so linear and just right. Of course after that, I had to stop for gas:

Got home, had a late dinner a couple beers to celebrate the moment. We decided to get some rest. We knew Saturday was action packed.
  • Woke up really early, that cold start is loud! cleaned out the engine bay
  • Headed out to cars and coffee in Maryland
My buddy's Z06

Fellow GT350

• Found some really nice roads to really learn the car, was very impressed at how well she handled her weight. Very unexpected
  • 10AM appointment for window tint

• Right across the street from the tint store there was a speed shop. The guys came over to check out the car, so gauged their interest in cutting the resonator out.

• Guys at Elevated Automotive in Bel Air did a great job and the car sounded just angry.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]vsymd7xGgsM[/MEDIA]"]

• Off to wash, wax, detail and polish. We had a tight timeline, however was able to get all this done prior to 3PM

• Dropped of the car for ppf Xpel, I will see her again in a week

• Drove back to South Jersey, I had to be home prior to 6PM to take my daughter on a daddy daughter date night. Thank God made it back in time.

Overall very impressed with the car, a lot to get adjusted to, however it will happen in good time.

Last edited:

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Nice write up and the car looks great!

Maybe I'll see you at some NASANE events at NJMP this season.

Sponsored
OP
OP

hp1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Quick update.
Really enjoying the car. I had the honor and privilege to work with the guys from Gears and Gasoline. Ben and Ben are true artist and really good at their craft. They were extremely professional and just a blast to work with. When you guys get a sec, check out their channel I believe someone already posted to video, however I would like to post the road and track article on it. That is right... my car made it to road and track:headbang:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a9982650/does-the-new-shelby-gt350-live-up-to-the-name/

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=Eo_LKlFWX2I;list=WL[/MEDIA]"]

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That was great!

Last edited:

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)