Sponsored

Found a case of a failed recalled oil line

DreamPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 H2823
If production of the '17 GT350s has been suspended AND there are '17s out there with the updated oil lines; wouldn't that mean whoever is producing them wouldn't be in an excess capacity production mode for replacing our lines and could just keep manufacturing as if production of the GT350 was not suspended?
I'm getting a bit frustrated waiting for a fix. I've got a deposit on a 17' and it's still sitting on the dealer show floor with no answer in the foreseeable future.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I'm getting a bit frustrated waiting for a fix. I've got a deposit on a 17' and it's still sitting on the dealer show floor with no answer in the foreseeable future.
You've got free, heated winter storage. Just make sure the dealership keeps people from screwing with your car and you should be all set timing wise,,, assuming Ford keeps with the first quarter estimate.

Good luck and don't let it drive you crazy.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Not that I'm in the know, but my dealer kinda hinted that those cars would be first in line. Than west coast, east coast where most were sold. But hey he could of been just buying time being I'm in the middle of the country.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
I do not know how to cut and past a thread, but some of our very skilled members have detailed how to fix the fitting in question. So no aftermarket cooler is needed. Just some fittings and some know how.
Well I have zero know how. I'd be happy to pay someone to manufacture some for me. Any takers???

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
Well I have zero know how. I'd be happy to pay someone to manufacture some for me. Any takers???

[MENTION=10126]terminator[/MENTION] if you have 0 mods going on be patient, if by whatever chance the line lets go you are covered %100 by warranty. If you attempt a fix and by some chance it fails your screwed. Now if you have any questionable things you might have added to void a warranty, find a local performance shop and I'm sure they will get you taken care of. Those guys are adding coolers to everything.
Of course this is just my opinion.

Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
@terminator if you have 0 mods going on be patient, if by whatever chance the line lets go you are covered %100 by warranty. If you attempt a fix and by some chance it fails your screwed. Now if you have any questionable things you might have added to void a warranty, find a local performance shop and I'm sure they will get you taken care of. Those guys are adding coolers to everything.
Of course this is just my opinion.
I have nothing that has voided my warranty. My husband won't "let" me drive the damned car because he thinks it's unsafe. He's extremely paranoid and wants to take no chances with our safety so...basically I have a car sitting in my garage that I'm paying huge amounts of money for that I can't drive. :( One of the reasons I'm looking at selling.

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
My AN Lines are working great...driving the shit out of her...
oil cooler 3.png

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Maybe someone like STEEDA (@David@Steeda) will come up with some better upgraded hoses before Ford gets new ones to the dealerships.

DreamPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 H2823
Not that I'm in the know, but my dealer kinda hinted that those cars would be first in line. Than west coast, east coast where most were sold. But hey he could of been just buying time being I'm in the middle of the country.
Mine told me that there was something coming January 17th. I guess they were wrong.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
My AN Lines are working great...driving the shit out of her...
Not a bad solution, but the car will still show up as having an open recall unless you can get someone at a dealership to mark the recall closed re: your VIN. If you plan to keep the car long-term, it may not matter.

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
Mine told me that there was something coming January 17th. I guess they were wrong.
I honestly think at the dealership level they are all guessing. Lol

Rbrnck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I finally got my car back from the dealer as well and all they did was install a new line and a new oil cooler but told me I would need to keep an eye on it and I would have to take the car back in once ford releases the updated lines. I'm happy to have it back as well but worry I'll have another line go when I'm driving. I got lucky last time and caught it before it completely dropped all the oil but hope this holds till the fix is in.

Just spoke with the dealer today and they told me the target date for the fix is now end of Q2.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Just spoke with the dealer today and they told me the target date for the fix is now end of Q2.
As in JUNE??! I predict there will be some impatient customers canceling their orders if that is true... Not to mention some irate current owners who have track days scheduled.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
As in JUNE??! I predict there will be some impatient customers canceling their orders if that is true... Not to mention some irate current owners who have track days scheduled.
Maybe free enterprise would trump this but is there a chance tech people might bar cars that can't even be sold because they could dump their oil at any time?

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I had a similar conversation with my Service Manager and he said don't expect it until the very end of Q1 at the earliest. He did say it would most likely be late as well so meaning Q2. :tsk:
Sponsored