Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
yeah but what happens is Ford takes the car transfers in to NJ or another state and oops the lemon paperwork got lost
Still a 'branded title' and will be labeled as such when you get the title in the mail + Carfax, Autocheck etc. will also have record of it.
They do resell these cars ! Mine went to a dealer in GA, sat for months @ $35k, but someone bought it a few weeks ago.

How many of yall had to go throw a lemon law lawyer? Really don't want to go that route but Ford is fighting me tooth and nail. I have to bring the car to the dealership AGAIN for another CEL this afternoon.
Mine went fine with out a lawyer, but in FL things are pretty cut & dried and favor the consumer.
Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Still a 'branded title' and will be labeled as such when you get the title in the mail + Carfax, Autocheck etc. will also have record of it.
They do resell these cars ! Mine went to a dealer in GA, sat for months @ $35k, but someone bought it a few weeks ago.

Not always true.............

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/auto/beware-of-lemon-car-buybacks.aspx

But fewer than half the states require that lemon buybacks be designated as such on their titles. And even when a car is labeled a lemon, that designation can conveniently be lost if a car is sold in a state other than the one where a lemon law case was pursued.

Read more: http://www.bankrate.com/finance/auto/beware-of-lemon-car-buybacks.aspx#ixzz4VUX6EAju
Follow us: @Bankrate on Twitter | Bankrate on Facebook

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
The problem with a branded title is that if the person is financing the car, he/she will never even see the title. Most banks will not finance a branded title, but if Ford credit is financing it, the buyer might never know.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
At this point I'm starting to wish Ford would just buy my car back. It has so many squeaks and rattles that it's distracting, SYNC doesn't work, the steering wheel is off-centered to the left by 3 degrees, there's body panel misalignment, and the dealers just tell me it's "normal."

That's normal?

Really?

It's normal for this to be straight ahead on all roads, and to only start after 7k miles?

The little problems are so annoying and at this point so cumulative I actually have started to dread driving the car because I know it's going to irritate me.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Not always true.............

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/auto/beware-of-lemon-car-buybacks.aspx

But fewer than half the states require that lemon buybacks be designated as such on their titles. And even when a car is labeled a lemon, that designation can conveniently be lost if a car is sold in a state other than the one where a lemon law case was pursued.

Read more: http://www.bankrate.com/finance/auto/beware-of-lemon-car-buybacks.aspx#ixzz4VUX6EAju
Follow us: @Bankrate on Twitter | Bankrate on Facebook
With the above info provided (thanks), this is why we are asking any S550 owner who has completed a Buy Back or Lemon'd their S550 to document it HERE by posting the vehicle VIN #. That VIN will show up in most online searches if another potential buyer is smart enough (or has online access) to research the vehicle VIN they are seeking to purchase.

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Well my status

12/03/2016
Filed online with BBB

12/09/2016
Faxed all request required paperwork to BBB

12/20/2016
Ford offered buy back or like swap to BBB

1/03/2017
Contacted by ford reprocurment department

1/10/2017
Ford transferred my replacement to th dealer

1/12/2017
Ford sent worksheet online to she how much I need to bring to close the replacement and I accepted(still think it should be no mileage charge and they should eat the $900 price difference fto r all the damn trouble)

1/13/2017
Scheduled t get my new car tomorrow

All and all the BBB make this as painless as possible and did a damn fine job imho.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well my status

12/03/2016
Filed online with BBB

12/09/2016

12/20/2016

1/03/2017

1/10/2017

1/12/2017
Ford sent worksheet online to she how much I need to bring to close the replacement and I accepted(still think it should be no mileage charge and they should eat the $900 price difference fto r all the damn trouble)

1/13/2017

All and all the BBB make this as painless as possible and did a damn fine job imho.
So did you file directly with BBB to start your entire process? I know you list it as shown above, but just wondering if that is the first and initial step you took (didn't notify anyone else or send letters to Ford first).

When you picked your new ride, did you have to go to the original selling Dealer where you purchased the original car?

I also agree that the "mileage use fee" is ridiculous for anyone who has to deal with a POS Lemon to be socked with more expenses just to get out of it.

Just curious, how many miles did your car have at the first report, because supposedly that is what the fee is based on.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Yes started with bbb on their website

You have to find one within 100 miles of your dealer and it doesn't it have to be the same dealer that sold you the car. If you don't find one you cnan order one but you have to pay for use of your lemon until the new one comes in.

2507 miles at first report of the issue. Now that they got it back it is over 7000 miles but they only charged to the 2507 point.

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
Well my status

12/03/2016
Filed online with BBB

12/09/2016

12/20/2016

1/03/2017

1/10/2017

1/12/2017

1/13/2017

I will be filing with the BBB today, I have spent the last several months fighting with Ford, this could have saved me tons of time!!!!!

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
Well my status

12/03/2016
Filed online with BBB

12/09/2016

12/20/2016

1/03/2017

1/10/2017

1/12/2017

1/13/2017

Good for you! Glad to hear how much help you got from the BBB and Ford decided not to be obstinate.

As an aside, it would be interesting to track and see where you old car ends up:
-it ends up on another dealers lot
- gets crushed by Ford or ???

I raise the issue since a lot of people buy CPO cars with the understanding that they get a long warranty, on a good car for a reduced price.
Except, if it is like your old car, it will be a continuing headache for whoever has the misfortune of becoming the next owner.

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Good for you! Glad to hear how much help you got from the BBB and Ford decided not to be obstinate.

As an aside, it would be interesting to track and see where you old car ends up:
-it ends up on another dealers lot
- gets crushed by Ford or ???

I raise the issue since a lot of people buy CPO cars with the understanding that they get a long warranty, on a good car for a reduced price.
Except, if it is like your old car, it will be a continuing headache for whoever has the misfortune of becoming the next owner.
agree I will post the VIN once I have the new one. Now its the dealer holding it up "Waiting on Ford Credit Swap of collateral papers"

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Lemon date 1/13/2017
VIN
1FA6P8CF4G5235881

reason
Engine Knock
Sticking drivers window
vibration in rear end
blown drivers side exhaust manifold gasket

Place
Two Rivers Ford
Nashville, TN

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lemon date 1/13/2017
VIN
1FA6P8CF4G5235881

reason
Engine Knock
Sticking drivers window
vibration in rear end
blown drivers side exhaust manifold gasket

Place
Two Rivers Ford
Nashville, TN
How'd ya make out and how's the new ride?

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
At this point I'm starting to wish Ford would just buy my car back. It has so many squeaks and rattles that it's distracting, SYNC doesn't work, the steering wheel is off-centered to the left by 3 degrees, there's body panel misalignment, and the dealers just tell me it's "normal."

That's normal?

Really?

It's normal for this to be straight ahead on all roads, and to only start after 7k miles?

The little problems are so annoying and at this point so cumulative I actually have started to dread driving the car because I know it's going to irritate me.

I have everything you mentioned except the sync as mines a base. Steering wheel as well. To me these are nothing more than annoyances. Now this mt 82 is another story.
Sponsored