Sponsored

Spark Plugs for nitrous setup.

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Well I was browsing the American muscle website looking for some cold plugs to install when I install my nitrous kit and I came across this statement "When running a small shot, like a 25-75 shot there is no need to replace your spark plugs. When you start getting into larger jet sizes, like 100 or 125 shot, it’s a wise idea to replace your spark plugs with a spark plug that's one step colder." Here is a link to the full article http://www.americanmuscle.com/2015-mustang-nitrous-guide.html.

Can anyone confirm that it will be safe to run the stock plugs with a 75 wet shot on our 15+ cars? I've always been told that no matter what always change the plugs for nitrous.
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
With 75 i would go one step colder,just to be safe.Also check and see what the recommended gap is for that shot.Do not use platinum plugs!!!!.

OP
OP

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
With 75 i would go one step colder,just to be safe.Also check and see what the recommended gap is for that shot.Do not use platinum plugs!!!!.
I will buy them anyways just to be safe, but I was just wondering if there was anyone on here running a small shot on factory plugs with no issues. On the gap size I will contact Lund and see what they recommend with my current mods. Anyone know any sites with good deals on plugs?
Sponsored