Sponsored

CEL code p2195

Djmike408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Hey ecostangs

I recently got this check engine like code after normal driving and was wondering what can be wrong with the car. All my mods are listed below and i recently installed the steeda tower brace to my car but idk if that has something to do with it. Please help lol
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Hey ecostangs

I recently got this check engine like code after normal driving and was wondering what can be wrong with the car. All my mods are listed below and i recently installed the steeda tower brace to my car but idk if that has something to do with it. Please help lol
Have you recently made any changes? If so, check to make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks. If not, talk to Torrie (your tuner) first.

OP
OP
Djmike408

Djmike408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I have not added any performance mod. The only mod i did was the engine tower strut. This was torries response "My guess is its some sort of problem with the vehicle speed sensor. It’s not common so I would imagine it’s a physical fault".

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
You might want to check with him again, I think he's confused or fat fingered the code. That code is for your oxygen sensor, nothing to do with the vehicle speed sensor.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Did you clear the code to see if it returns?
Your SCT tuner should be as to do it.

OP
OP
Djmike408

Djmike408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Not yet [MENTION=22912]Chef jpd[/MENTION] .. i know its the o2 sensor but it looks normal to me from my understanding of this CEL is that the engine is running too rich and the o2 sensor is telling the ecu to lean it out(put less fuel). Im guessing is due to the weather being colder and the tune. Correct me if im wrong.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
It is very likely you're correct, that's why I recommended to talk to Torrie.

OP
OP
Djmike408

Djmike408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Ok plus the air to fuel racio is too high i think its between 15 to 16

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
So it's the other way around, you're running too lean which could easily lead to detonation. Be careful with it until you get it fixed. The fact that you're reading lean A/F is enough you won't need to clear the code to see if it comes back, it's already a problem. You're LT fuel trims are probably pegged.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Djmike408

Djmike408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I see if i change it back to the summer tune the air to fuel ration stays around the 14 to 15 and i get no check engine light so idk it might also be calibration of the winter tune.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Maybe but remember, it takes a little bit for the fuel trims to learn. Don't just be satisfied by what you see immediately, watch it close.

OP
OP
Djmike408

Djmike408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I see your point. damn so much science into this tune/car things i will try to send the specs to torrie and hopefully he can help i wonder if its a part ima have to replace or a recalibrated tune.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Almost positive it's tune related.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
15-16 is too high. 14.08-14.70 would be the normal range for E0-E10 gasoline. Since you flashed back to the summer tune and it appears to cure that problem, I'd definitely say it's tune related and recommend, like the others have, that you contact Torrie and let him know what's going on. Not that we mind to help, but more often than not, it's best to start talking to your tuner when something is up rather than self-diagnosing on the internet. I say that because running it lean (15-16 AFR range) could really do some damage while you're trying to figure it out and I wouldn't want to prolong coming to a solution.
Sponsored