Sponsored

Advice needed: Stock GT Base non Brembo

Chris Meyers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang (soon)
Hey guys,
So I am finally looking for a full replacement for wheels and tires for my stock setup 2015 5.0 with base package (no brembos). It came with Pirelli P Zero Nero ALL SEASONS, which I hate with the passion of a thousand burning suns! Anyway, so I have a very specific look Im going for, which isnt traditional so Id like your advice.

I don't want to go larger than 18" wheels because I am into that lots of tire, smaller wheel heritage/ Nascar look. Kinda like a drag look, but I need a road setup for everyday use. I hate 20" wheels, tires with barely any meat on them, etc. I would stick with my stock 18" wheels but I am thinking they probably arent wide enough. What wheels and tires should I get if my goal is to reduce weight and meet the physical characteristics above? Im guessing probably staggered? Something like 18 x 10 rear 18 x 8.5 up front or something? And the other thing is I want my car to either get faster or at worst be as fast as it is now. Will fatter tires slow me down? Look forward to your recommendations. I need something I can quickly swap onto my car. Nothing that requires spacers or mods of any kind.
Sponsored