Sponsored

Help! Need a good place to do an alignment

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm in the Milwaukee area & had Steeda springs put on. The place that did the springs can't do the bushing reclock. Ford dealers won't do it, even one who was a Steeda seller.

I also think that when the shop did the alignment, they didn't get it right - the cars is as squirrely as heck.

Does anyone know of a good alignment shop in the area that could do it?
Sponsored

BagNasty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (GT350 Conversion)Black
What is a bushing reclock?

OP
OP

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Basically, when your car is made, all the bushings are torqued with it sitting on all four wheels. When you lower , you should sit all 4 wheels flat (or drive-on lift) & loosen the bushings to let them relax. Then retorque to factory specs for the new ride height.

I've lowered my car & it now sits 1" lower but all the bushing were torqued with it 1" higher. It puts a bit more twist in the rubber, kind of like wrinkle slicks. It makes the handling a bit vague & kind of floaty. I have read that some bushings are designed to capture the rubber & fail eventually if they are not "relaxed" to the new ride height.

There are a bunch of threads in the suspension forum regarding this.

KWK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
You can try Big Bear in Oconomowoc or Frame and Axle in Brookfield. I am going to lower over the winter and will most likely take the car to Frame and Axle.

Did you add caster camber plates? What springs did you go with?

OP
OP

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hi
Thanks for the response. I didn't add the plates, I used Steeda Progressives. It was aligned by Ford & is in spec, but one side seems really on the edge. I may get plates in the future, car's in storage now.

Sponsored

milwaukeephil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I'm in New Berlin and have a big shop with a drive-on lift. The lift also has a trolley jack so you can get the wheels off the track. You're welcome to come out and futz with it sometime. I've got tools and beer!

Edit: this offer is also open to any forum members who may need to get their car on a lift and a clean place to work. I love wrenching and shooting the shit.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Welcome to M6G

Great looking shop, home or work?