Sponsored

I am new to the Mustang Community! NEED HELP WITH UPGRADES!

luisalfonsogardea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Good evening everyone! Kind of excited to join this forum. I am new to the S550 crowd and I have been interested in UPGRADING my car but have no idea where to start! I want to do the exhaust first but have no IDEA where and what to do. So if anyone could please help on what is the first thing I should do so I do not waste any money that would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Start with what you don't like about the car, things that need dramatic improvement. Build a plan around it, investigate each mod, find solutions that solve several issues if possible, determine the most efficient order to execute each mod (cut redundancy on dismounting/mounting things), get required supplies/tools, and get them done!

After that, knock yourself out with whatever you fancy.

As around the individual forums for help on the above and read related post, there are very helpful people around, including vendors, and tons of information. Great resource for 'stang owners here...

For me, the most unbearable thing was 1st, suspension and 2nd, shifting.

On the exhaust, what sort of noise are you looking for? budget?

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Luis what's up bud? Welcome, you came to the right place. As mentioned before, there is a wealth of knowledge to be gained on this forum. As for exhaust, there are so many to choose from and of course it's a personal choice, but there are lot's of videos to check out and get SOME sort of idea what you want. I personally did exhaust and a CAI and tune first. I followed that with suspension - springs, IRS subframe braces and k member brace and a short throw shifter with better shifter base bushing bracket and trans. bushing. Pretty good bang for your buck if you do it right. Throw in a few cosmetic goodies to suit your personal taste and you have a good base if nothing else. The best advice I can give you is do what YOU want and have fun doing it. Enjoy bud!

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
There are so many options when it comes to mods, it can be overwhelming.

My advise, just pick one thing at a time and read up on it as much as you can before deciding to purchase.

Since you mentioned an aftermarket exhaust is first on your list, I would recommend you head over to AmericanMuscle.com, and take a look at all the exhausts they offer, since they stock pretty much every option out there.

On each product page they have a video at the bottom which gives you an idea of the sound. From there, you can identify which you like the sound of, and then do some shopping around for the best prices.

There are lots of exhaust threads on this forum, so do a little searching and you will find a lot of feedback from owners on various systems.
Sponsored