Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
We've been having some drizzly crap for the last few.days.
Truck is awesome! Taking it easy on it for first few miles. I use the paddle shifters in sport mode. Basically closing out gears as I go so that the engine doesn't work hard with boost.
Next trip out I'll get on it a little. Can't get over how much room is in the supercrew. I'm sure if u went back to my Tacoma I'd feel clostraphibic. The truck doesn't have bad pick up even NOT getting into boost much.
20170120_160319.jpg
20170120_160333.jpg
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Truck is awesome! Taking it easy on it for first few miles. I use the paddle shifters in sport mode. Basically closing out gears as I go so that the engine doesn't work hard with boost.
Next trip out I'll get on it a little. Can't get over how much room is in the supercrew. I'm sure if u went back to my Tacoma I'd feel clostraphibic. The truck doesn't have bad pick up even NOT getting into boost much.
Beautiful truck!
Congrats and enjoy.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Why do you even look at fords again, btw? Take that 5 series off road and let's see how it does....

Did you know that a KTM Dirtbike can jump higher than a Raptor?? Why even get the truck if the bike can do that????? Oh, wait, because I just compared two completely different vehicles!

Sigh.....
I wasnt considering raptor for offroading. My situation is mostly due to my DIY projects and constant trips to homedepot. Sedan is not a practical vehicle class for this and its been my thinking to buy a truck for a while. Raptor looks really nice and the new model is an improvement.

However, this limitation (if I understand it correctly) isnt specific for raptor but it applies to all trucks. It sounds like all those towing figures are marketing gimmick unless one owns a trailer of some sort, you cannot carry a lot with the bed?

I still cannot understand why the limit for the bed is so low though. These things are extremely tough looking how can a 4 door sedan can carry more than these big ass trucks? The quoted article is talking about under 500 lbs, thats really not much.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Just found out ford has a Raptor run in Utah for the Raptor as well, so you guys with VIN's can sign up for that. I'm gonna take a week off and do a couple days with the 350/boss and 1 if not 2 days in the Raptor as well. I had no idea ford offered this with the Raptor.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
-say-you-pure-white-vs-avalanche-grey-2017-raptor-13719595_280452168985809_1353214419080123762_o.jpg

Maybe I should look into getting a matching set. ;)

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
You should the truck is awesome! I love it more every time I drive it. I usually put it in auto sport mode and I lock out 9 and 10th gear. Interstate it will do about 2.4k rpm at 70 to 75 mph. I like to keep it out of boost when I'm on the highway and that helps do the trick. Then when I'm in town I throw it down to manual mode and use the paddles. It's fun to mess around with. With the 802a package you get lots of doodads to mess with.

Got linex and put my cover and divider in today.
20170123_141850.jpg
20170123_141911.jpg

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I was actually considering the Raptor, but I really think I'm going to hold out to 2020 for the Bronco!:ford:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Wise choice!
I'm interested in seeing it too. 3 years from now I may want to be trading in. They say its going to be on the ford ranger chassis, so quite a bit smaller. This thing is a land barge, the back seats can fit 3, 7 footers comfortably with me in the front.

Edit: There probably wont be a FP bronco the first year anyway, most likely if there is one it will be year 2. I'm guessing it will be different from the regular bronco, much like the F150 is to the Raptor.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That's the look I would go for as well!

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Wise choice!
I'm interested in seeing it too. 3 years from now I may want to be trading in. They say its going to be on the ford ranger chassis, so quite a bit smaller. This thing is a land barge, the back seats can fit 3, 7 footers comfortably with me in the front.

Edit: There probably wont be a FP bronco the first year anyway, most likely if there is one it will be year 2. I'm guessing it will be different from the regular bronco, much like the F150 is to the Raptor.
Yes I have a 13" F150 now, my DD the cab is huge, I love the truck! I just know I heard ford said it would stay with the removable top, sold!!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Haha! Removable top! Sold is right! I went out and bought a jeep one day and the wife was pissed. She though I was trying to hunt down chicks. I never heard the end of it so I got rid of it. Wonder if she would feel the same as the bronco. I may just ask her if she would get it for herself. Hahahaha
Sponsored