Sponsored

Running Horse Mirror Light

Morty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium w/ Perf Package
Has anyone ever seen this happen? I have no idea what's going on here. This is the driver's side mirror. The car is in storage (Canadian winter) so I won't be able to get it to the dealer until April (hopefully March).
I can't tell if there is something in there or something missing. There is nothing on the outside I can see.

Ideas or suggestions?
image1.jpg
Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Pretty sure the mask is broken. So yes it's inside the unit. Need to replace it.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Take it to the dealer to get it replaced by warranty. My passenger side puddle lamp also started to get distorted the the dealer replaced it no questions asked.

Tornado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp - white
Take it to the dealer to get it replaced by warranty. My passenger side puddle lamp also started to get distorted the the dealer replaced it no questions asked.
Ditto. Both mine flooded out like that. Dealer replaced them and had me back on the road in an hour

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Get it fixed at the dealership and then put tint over it. I got some blue tint from Amazon way cheaper than AM is selling it for. The issue never happened again. Had to replace the lights 3 times before I did that

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yep, pretty common fault which your dealer should be able to resolve.

I'll move this to the "issues" sub-forum......make it easier when search for similar things :)

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Get it fixed at the dealership and then put tint over it. I got some blue tint from Amazon way cheaper than AM is selling it for. The issue never happened again. Had to replace the lights 3 times before I did that
what kind of blue tint? can you hook us up with a link as i want to make sure i grab the right one. that is a crazy price AM is asking for the "kit" to cover the puddle light.

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
what kind of blue tint? can you hook us up with a link as i want to make sure i grab the right one. that is a crazy price AM is asking for the "kit" to cover the puddle light.
This is what I bought but it appears to be green now...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012Y4UUR2/

The blue was a little darker than I wanted, so the Pony was harder to see but it was better than the alternative. I got tired of going to the dealership for them to just say there was water on the lens and they wiped it off, when that clearly never fixed it.

OP
OP
Morty

Morty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
randotheking: Any chance you can show a picture of how you put the tint over it? What is just over the small oval shaped lens under the mirror?

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
randotheking: Any chance you can show a picture of how you put the tint over it? What is just over the small oval shaped lens under the mirror?
I don't have that car anymore but essentially I removed the Pony projector with a flathead (it clips in) and then I traced the tint

Sponsored
OP
OP
Morty

Morty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the tint would go on the outside of the cover I guess?

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
So the tint would go on the outside of the cover I guess?
Correct, I don't even think you can take the projector apart anyway. Also that tint was pretty thick, probably why it took away from the brightness. Not sure how thick AMs is but it still isn't worth $30

OP
OP
Morty

Morty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AM website says 3 Mil PVC vinyl tint for the puddle lights. Looking at their install video, they don't seem all that big or difficult to install. Basically putting a sticker over the lens.

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
AM website says 3 Mil PVC vinyl tint for the puddle lights. Looking at their install video, they don't seem all that big or difficult to install. Basically putting a sticker over the lens.
Yep, very very easy fix for a huge headache

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
When you take it to the dealership for repair make sure you tell the tech you have bliss or non bliss mirrors. If you get the non bliss puddle lamps on your bliss car the pony will point in the wrong direction. Bliss = blind spot mirror detection!
Sponsored