Sponsored

For those who have ford performance tuning on their EB

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
I don't understand this mind set at all. If you can afford the cost of fixing a blown engine after the warranty has expired why can't you afford the cost while the car is under warranty? The probability of a blown engine doesn't change because you do or don't have a warranty.

For those concerned with the warranty I don't consider taking your 5/60 powertrain warranty and reducing it to 3/36 to be a very compelling reason for the FP tune.

IMHO, the only compelling reason to go with the FP tune is its emissions certified.

FWIW, I have been driving turbo 4s continuously since 1985 and have accumulated about 3/4 million miles on them. All have had the equivalent of a Stage 1 (tune, exhaust, intake) and I have never had a powertrain failure.
Well It's simple. I'm in my mid-20's and I have a Mortgage, so money is a little tight for me right now. my mods are going to be spaced months apart for a decent amount of time.

FP tune, and tires, suspension, WGA, and DSCC works pretty good with at least a little bit of protection. And when the warranty is up, I'll have enough saved for FBO and eventually Big turbo, and it'll be tuned (probably Tune+). its a safe temporary step forward. I'm working in phases here.
and if the motor blows I'll just take out a second mortgage. :frusty:
Sponsored

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=21048]Dirty-EB-Chicago[/MENTION]

It is snowing... took the time to put this together... in my signature...

Let me know if it needs corrections. I quickly read over it for obvious corrections.
Thanks for the write up, Im gonna read it on my train ride home. send me a pm so I can mail you that beer i promised lol. :cheers:

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Well It's simple. I'm in my mid-20's and I have a Mortgage, so money is a little tight for me right now. my mods are going to be spaced months apart for a decent amount of time.

FP tune, and tires, suspension, WGA, and DSCC works pretty good with at least a little bit of protection. And when the warranty is up, I'll have enough saved for FBO and eventually Big turbo, and it'll be tuned (probably Tune+). its a safe temporary step forward. I'm working in phases here.
If I was in your position I would be limiting my mods to cosmetic changes.

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Thanks for the write up, Im gonna read it on my train ride home. send me a pm so I can mail you that beer i promised lol. :cheers:
No need for that... I just took your idea and thought what better way to spend an hour or so. No biggie.

Plus, I've not had a drink in over 15 months... not sure when I'll start back... so much crap going on. This forum is the perfect "real work avoidance tool" there is right now. :lol:

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No need for that... I just took your idea and thought what better way to spend an hour or so. No biggie.

Plus, I've not had a drink in over 15 months... not sure when I'll start back... so much crap going on. This forum is the perfect "real work avoidance tool" there is right now. :lol:
My sediments exactly man, I've got a button on my mouse macro-ed to minimize google chrome and Cntl+Tab to solid works lol. If I hear footsteps behind me BAM!

Either way I appreciate the write up a great deal, I'm preparing to buy it relatively soon, and the only write ups on the subject are a couple sentences at best. Personal insight is always good.

Aaron_ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 M/T PP 2.3 EB
5.6 with tune. 3k axle hoppy dump no power shifting. Poor pzeros have 17k miles on em now. Pretty confident I can get a 5.3 or quicker if I really lay into it.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP

Not sure what DSCC is but hopefully you know the WGA can definitely get a warranty claim denied. As part of the job aid, the WGA one of the things they specifically check. Not only that it hasn't been replaced with an aftermarket but also to check if it has been adjusted. If you take a look at the stock WGA, there is a drop of blue something on it to seal it. If adjusted, that will crack off. That alone is enough for them to deny coverage. I'm not going down the whole rat hole on warranty again, just wanted to let you know in case you didn't already. Everyone can have their own opinions... Every dealer is different... IF that made it to Ford though, Ford would definitely deny it, FYI.

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure what DSCC is but hopefully you know the WGA can definitely get a warranty claim denied. As part of the job aid, the WGA one of the things they specifically check. Not only that it hasn't been replaced with an aftermarket but also to check if it has been adjusted. If you take a look at the stock WGA, there is a drop of blue something on it to seal it. If adjusted, that will crack off. That alone is enough for them to deny coverage. I'm not going down the whole rat hole on warranty again, just wanted to let you know in case you didn't already. Everyone can have their own opinions... Every dealer is different... IF that made it to Ford though, Ford would definitely deny it, FYI.
Whoops typo, meant Dvcc (dual valve catch can).
But damn I was unaware of the blue dot on the WGA. I was planning to swap em out if I ever needed to take her in but thanks for the heads up I'll have to scrap that idea. Thanks for the heads up

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Whoops typo, meant Dvcc (dual valve catch can).
But damn I was unaware of the blue dot on the WGA. I was planning to swap em out if I ever needed to take her in but thanks for the heads up I'll have to scrap that idea. Thanks for the heads up
You can actually swap it out without changing the length of that arm so you don't need to brake that seal with the blue dot. The problem is that if you change the WGA, you need to be tuned for it. So you wouldn't be able to change the WGA with the FP tune, at least not safely. I heard that from one of our leading tuners.

JonD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost
Tuner said even if you swap to the stock 7lb spring upgrwded WGA you need a Tune?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Tuner said even if you swap to the stock 7lb spring upgrwded WGA you need a Tune?
No, I was talking about the 10 lb spring. If you're not changing anything in the tune and you stay at the stock spring rate, what benefit do you get by changing though?

JonD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost
The thing I noticed in my WGA with the SRT4 was not so much the quicker spool it I saw it stopped bleeding boost up too as much. Can't speak for these cars but I'd thing going stock spring rate on a nice WGA would bring super consistent boost from the push of the pedal on spool to redline
Sponsored