Sponsored

Convince me why I should get a Shelby GT500...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
everyone around where i live is Chevy through and through (of course I didnt realize this until I got so much crap for my stang lol)
I really hope that what those other people think is not influencing your thought process . . . your choices should be yours alone, what makes you happy (not them).

Norm
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
You shouldn't have to be convinced. Do your own unbiased research, take a few test drives, and make an informed decision after. Everybody will give you their biased opinion. Opinions are like your back side, everybody has one.

I think the whole brand loyalty thing is stupid.

OP
OP
RoninRed

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
I really hope that what those other people think is not influencing your thought process . . . your choices should be yours alone, what makes you happy (not them).

Norm
Oh lord no. If I was listening to them, I would have a gaymaro :crazy:

All kidding aside, I really don't understand brand loyalty... but everyone around here scoffs at ford, but I see the guys with big money rolling around in lariat f150s. The rest are rolling around in s10 and rusted out Silverados jacked up on some Moto metal wheels with leds akin to a Christmas tree.

But hey maybe I'm just a :ford: fan boy lol

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
over say, a Z51 C7?
So have you ever driven one of those ↑↑↑ ? I can tell you from exactly one lap at decent speed around NJMP/Thunderbolt that the amount of cornering and (especially) braking grip is amazing even on run-flat tires.

It's not clear what kind(s) of hard driving you're going to ask of it or what you want to get out of such driving, so it's even harder to guess what might 'fit' you better.

Norm

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
over say, a Z51 C7?

Lets be honest here, Ford has had a lot of blows recently regarding quality control. Hell, my GT has a paint blotch on one of the pillars I never had dealt with because I thought Ford would screw it up worse!

I love my stang, I really do. But if I'm going to drop money on a vehicle, Chevrolet has had much better QC than Ford.

Someone convince me I shouldn't trade up to a current gen vette in 2018 than a shelby?
You can't buy a new GT500 so you're stuck with the plastic vett.
And just because you had a paint booger doesn't mean GM has better QC. They all have issues, if cars were perfect there wouldn't be service departments and mechanics.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
over say, a Z51 C7?

Lets be honest here, Ford has had a lot of blows recently regarding quality control. Hell, my GT has a paint blotch on one of the pillars I never had dealt with because I thought Ford would screw it up worse!

I love my stang, I really do. But if I'm going to drop money on a vehicle, Chevrolet has had much better QC than Ford.

Someone convince me I shouldn't trade up to a current gen vette in 2018 than a Shelby?
You must have never looked at the camaros bumper being a different color shade than the rest of the car. :lol:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
GT500 years 2013/2014 PP,TP only. If you want raw power and a car that sometimes just gets the juices going get the 500. If you want a car a little civilized and a bit boring get the C7 - Z51. That's just my experience after owning both within 2 years. The 500 is 11.6 vs 12.1.also 622hp vs 460 hp ....500 red line 7000 rpm vs 6200 rpm. Rated Top speed again 500 202 vs 157. Who the hell buys a car with under 500hp today.
On the street the 500 is more fun to drive. Tracking the two cars the Vette will come out ahead. But I don't track my cars only someone else's. Go drive them both on a very warm day out in the country.
They only made the trinity motor for two years. You hardly ever see a 662 hp mustang @ a cruise . You see a lot of C7 's.
Wait a year and get a low mileage C7 grand sport if you must own a Vette , but you will be in the under 500hp club.
You need to be in the over 600hp club. Are you convinced yet ? A simple pulley and a tune and you are above 700hp crowd

Last edited:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
You must have never looked at the camaros bumper being a different color shade than the rest of the car. :lol:
Every vehicle does this that has a plastic bumper. It takes paint different then metal. I guess you cant notice it on your own car. :crazy:

Some colors its more obvious to notice. Its dare i say almost impossible to have a perfect match.
Sponsored