Sponsored

passing inspection with new exhaust VA(Arlington)

dackner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 black
hey guys so I'm currently stock and to my limited knowledge va doesn't allow any modifications to exhaust. How have you guys passed inspections with modified exhaust systems ?
I was thinking about getting a catback that looks similar to stock to pass visual inspection and using a OBD2 reader to delete any CEL if they come up. Also I'm convinced I can bribe my way to pass as long as the sound isn't obnoxiously loud.
Sponsored

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
hey guys so I'm currently stock and to my limited knowledge va doesn't allow any modifications to exhaust. How have you guys passed inspections with modified exhaust systems ?
I was thinking about getting a catback that looks similar to stock to pass visual inspection and using a OBD2 reader to delete any CEL if they come up. Also I'm convinced I can bribe my way to pass as long as the sound isn't obnoxiously loud.
You misunderstand. Changing your catback out doesn't affect your emissions. The name "cat" "back" refers to the portion of the exhaust piping AFTER the catalytic converters. Those are built into the midpipes of the headers. So if you went with catless headers, you would fail emissions.

As well, it's worth noting that in VA, you are not required to have emissions tested on a new vehicle for the first two years after the purchase date. So if you got it this year, don't worry about emissions until 2018; only safety inspection.

Get whatever exhaust suits your fancy! Hope that helps!

shpion1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ruby Red GT Conv Prem, PP
anyone have any experience passing emissions with long tube headers? reading that the cats are further back and dont get as hot, and would automatically fail... lots of variety in answers on the interwebs
Sponsored