Sponsored

Anyone have the OBDII device and ForScan software?

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Hey guys,
I have a 15' GT Premium which means I have Sync 2. My car did NOT have navigation from the factory. I recently stumbled across the thread that discussed modifying the factory data using a Bluetooth or wifi OBDII dongle and some kind of software (I believe it was called ForScan). Apparently, the navigation function can be "activated" using this stuff.

While the equipment/software isn't that expensive, it seems pointless for me to spend $70 - $80 for something that I will literally use once. Just wondering if anyone local has the necessary equipment to do this and would be willing to meet up and activate mine. I would be more than willing to throw some $$$ you're way for this service. Lemme know.

I'm just north of Baltimore but would obviously be willing to drive to meet you wherever...within reason.

Thx
Sponsored

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the same boat as you [MENTION=16735]MSMStannyl[/MENTION] .... I've got a '15 GT/PP base and would like to get rid of the double honk, and keep the fog lights on all the time (turning & high beams), but just don't want to buy Apple stuff just to do this... I've got an OBD2 dongle already, but have an Android phone. I'd like to find someone in our area and do the same deal your talking about. So if someone in the MA region would like to make a few bucks and pop a couple of cold ones while BS'ing around, there's at least 2 guys that can hook you up!!

OP
OP
MSMStannyl

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the same boat as you @MSMStannyl .... I've got a '15 GT/PP base and would like to get rid of the double honk, and keep the fog lights on all the time (turning & high beams), but just don't want to buy Apple stuff just to do this... I've got an OBD2 dongle already, but have an Android phone. I'd like to find someone in our area and do the same deal your talking about. So if someone in the MA region would like to make a few bucks and pop a couple of cold ones while BS'ing around, there's at least 2 guys that can hook you up!!
Wait, so you need an Apple phone to do it? I do have an Apple phone (7 Plus) but I didn't think that would be the issue. I thought you just needed a laptop with the free software and a Bluetooth or wifi OBDII dongle. What kind of dongle do you have? (that sounds really dirty...)

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
Forscan

Wait, so you need an Apple phone to do it? I do have an Apple phone (7 Plus) but I didn't think that would be the issue. I thought you just needed a laptop with the free software and a Bluetooth or wifi OBDII dongle. What kind of dongle do you have? (that sounds really dirty...)
You can only read and display with the iPhone. To make changes you need a Windows machine ( I use a work laptop or my Surface Pro). Then download Forscan from forscan.org. Then get a license(all free) so you can make adjustments.
Module Adjustments
Module Address Value 1 Value 2 Value 3 Effect
1 ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx Engine Sound Enhancement Disable
2 APIM 07D0-02-01 xxxx x9xx xxxx Splash Screen - GT350 Snake, Red
3 BCM 726-41-02 xxx0 xxxx xxxx Disable double horn honk
4 BCM 726-28-01 xxxx xxx0 xxxx Simultaneous High Beams & Fog Lights
5 BCM 726-28-02 xxxx x0xx xxxx Simultaneous Fog Lights & Turn Signal
6 BCM 726-32-01 xxxx x1xx xxxx Police Dark Mode
:)

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, what [MENTION=21076]Mustang_GT[/MENTION] said...now I'm not in the habit of showing my dongle around but here it is:

:p the package says 'BAFX products' but there is no model or name on the unit itself. It does connect via bluetooth... I have used it with Torque (Lite) and the FORSCAN demo for Android....I dont' have a laptop

Sponsored

OP
OP
MSMStannyl

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, what @Mustang_GT said...now I'm not in the habit of showing my dongle around but here it is:

:p the package says 'BAFX products' but there is no model or name on the unit itself. It does connect via bluetooth... I have used it with Torque (Lite) and the FORSCAN demo for Android....I dont' have a laptop
Sorry for the slow response. I've been pretty busy and haven't had as much time to check back in here.

I do have a Windows laptop (both a personal one and a work one). I guess the next question would be to verify that they have Bluetooth.

Where are you located? If you're somewhere nearby, we can try it out one of these days. No real rush for me but I'm definitely interested in seeing if this works.

OP
OP
MSMStannyl

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can only read and display with the iPhone. To make changes you need a Windows machine ( I use a work laptop or my Surface Pro). Then download Forscan from forscan.org. Then get a license(all free) so you can make adjustments.
Module Adjustments
Module Address Value 1 Value 2 Value 3 Effect
1 ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx Engine Sound Enhancement Disable
2 APIM 07D0-02-01 xxxx x9xx xxxx Splash Screen - GT350 Snake, Red
3 BCM 726-41-02 xxx0 xxxx xxxx Disable double horn honk
4 BCM 726-28-01 xxxx xxx0 xxxx Simultaneous High Beams & Fog Lights
5 BCM 726-28-02 xxxx x0xx xxxx Simultaneous Fog Lights & Turn Signal
6 BCM 726-32-01 xxxx x1xx xxxx Police Dark Mode
:)
I did not think the GT's had the engine sound enhancement. I thought that was only for the EB's and maybe V6's.

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
Sound

I did not think the GT's had the engine sound enhancement. I thought that was only for the EB's and maybe V6's.
Well, I switched it (with FORScan) and then didn't say anything to anyone (other than here). I have now had four people ask why under cruise my car is quieter including my wife who thinks it is ridiculously loud with the Ford Racing exhaust.
So if it isn't set that way it's weird that 4 people without prompting have said something.
Sponsored