Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The 1LE and GT350 were done by same driver, just different day. The Z28 beat the GT350 track pack by near 2 sec and lost to the GT350R by a little over 1 sec. So the GT350TP is 3 sec slower then the R. Probst later ran the 1LE at LS and beat the Z28 by .11 sec, so that should give us a idea that the 1le should be very very close to the GT350TP if not even a bit faster. But until a head to head, we can only go off what we have got from track test.:cheers:
You can compare different days with all the cars you like but that is not a accurate comparison. I don't care if you compare a 1LE vs Z28 or 1LE vs R. It's not accurate when it's different days.
Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
You can compare different days with all the cars you like but that is not a accurate comparison. I don't care if you compare a 1LE vs Z28 or 1LE vs R. It's not accurate when it's different days.
I never said it was, just said that is all we got to go off from.:thumbsup:

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
100 percent agree. The only thing we can go on right now is the R and 1LE being tested together, and that the R is 2 seconds faster around Laguna.

Honest yes or no question Voodoo, do you think the R is more or less than 2 seconds faster around Laguna than a non R?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
WAIT?!?!?!?! :eyebulge:
The ZL1 does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds?!!?? Disgusting. Very impressive.
I always said this car was going to hurt a lot of feelings.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
WAIT?!?!?!?! :eyebulge:
The ZL1 does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds?!!?? Disgusting. Very impressive.
I always said this car was going to hurt a lot of feelings.
I've said it as well.

I'm much more a fan of the mustang but the zl1 is very impressive indeed.

It boggles the kind how many mustang fans just can't imagine Ford doing truly impressive things with the mustang, and somehow it can only be within two less cylinders etc etc. but here is GM using lesser tech pushing an RWD car to its limits.

Having such a respectable car available is also what makes it so difficult in waiting for the successor to the Mustangs highest tier.

Would be very interesting to see what happens to those performance numbers once the s550 throws its hat into that arena. It's already been too many years without the big dog.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I've said it as well.
It boggles the kind how many mustang fans just can't imagine Ford doing truly impressive things with the mustang, and somehow it can only be within two less cylinders etc etc. but here is GM using lesser tech pushing an RWD car to its limits.
Having such a respectable car available is also what makes it so difficult in waiting for the successor to the Mustangs highest tier.
Would be very interesting to see what happens to those performance numbers once the s550 throws its hat into that arena. It's already been too many years without the big dog.
Yes sir. :cheers:
I love my Mustang, but you have to respect these numbers coming out of the new ZL1. It's very impressive. I'm just still not sold on it's looks. Not too crazy about the exterior or the interior. And that rear spoiler?!? :ninja: LOL
There are a couple of modified ZL1's and they are torque monsters.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
So many here have such hardons for camaro here when are they going to change the name of this forum to camaro6g part 2

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I've said it as well.

2 less cylinders?
Lesser tech?
I'm lost by what you mean here.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And the camaro hardon continues :lol:

Sponsored

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Now if only the Camaro had a better interior or Ford matched that sort of performance.

It'll be interesting to see Ford's next halo mustang and interesting to see how the 2018 GT performs with the power bump, the 10 speed auto, and the better performance package.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You sound like a fool.
What does your car do 0-60?!?

LMMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol:
What does yours do? Not what the magazine says it does. What you can make it do? You and him probably aren't as far off as you think.;)

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You sound like a fool.
What does your car do 0-60?!?

LMMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol:
Doesn't have to it could be setting up on blocks with all 4 wheels off and it's still a better car than any camaro. :ford:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
2 less cylinders?
Lesser tech?
I'm lost by what you mean here.
I'm guessing the two less cylinders was referring to a possible twin turbo V6 for the GT500 or whatever. While the lesser tech refers to the Camaro push-rod engines. But I'm not always a good guesser.
Sponsored