Sponsored

JLT Intake system highlights, video results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Well results were fairly disappointing. After a couple of days at the shop, the net result is an approximate 15 HP increase. I don't have those after sheets, and have questions myself to resolve. That's all for now.:shrug:
This seems pretty consistent with results for just a tune and intake. The stock intake flows pretty darn well and is spec'd to compliment the OEM throttle body. I have also heard first hand from a reputable tuner that Ford did not leave much left on the table in the factory tune. Ford sucked most of the performance it could from the factory design....there is not a whole lot left.
Sponsored

TORQUEJUNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray Track Pack
This seems pretty consistent with results for just a tune and intake. The stock intake flows pretty darn well and is spec'd to compliment the OEM throttle body. I have also heard first hand from a reputable tuner that Ford did not leave much left on the table in the factory tune. Ford sucked most of the performance it could from the factory design....there is not a whole lot left.
Probably squeeze out a few more horse power on 93

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
the biggest bang for the buck difference that you'll find is simply running something like 260 gt plus.

The results are pretty staggering.

I dynoed 529 to the rear wheels with kooks Lt headers, green cats and the factory exhaust ( with a lund " out of the box" tune . It actually , oddly dynoed a little lower (526) with the magnaflow cat back. Granted it was on a different day and the environmentals were different, so my results arent exactly scientific. I'm going to build my own Ti exhaust from the LTs back, just not sure which mufflers I'm going to use, as I want to retain the dula mode function.

I plan to change the factory pulley to lighter/stronger billet along with the timing setup and OPG.

I think the car will stay like that, motor-wise for the 2017 track season. This time next year, I'll go FI

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
the biggest bang for the buck difference that you'll find is simply running something like 260 gt plus.

I dynoed 529 to the rear wheels with kooks Lt headers, green cats and the factory exhaust ( with a lund " out of the box" tune . It actually , oddly dynoed a little lower (526) with the magnaflow cat back. Granted it was on a different day and the environmentals were different, so my results arent exactly scientific. I'm going to build my own Ti exhaust from the LTs back, just not sure which mufflers I'm going to use, as I want to retain the dula mode function.

I plan to change the factory pulley to lighter/stronger billet along with the timing setup and OPG.

I think the car will stay like that, motor-wise for the 2017 track season. This time next year, I'll go FI
Sounds like the gains are really from tuning for the higher octane. I'll let the engine bake this year I can get 93 so I'll tune for that

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Sounds like the gains are really from tuning for the higher octane. I'll let the engine bake this year I can get 93 so I'll tune for that
what is also VERY interesting is that I bought the Kooks green catted mids so I could install the LTs without having to tune.

I got ZERO CELs / Codes when running 100 octane with this setup. Across about 1000 miles.

The minute I went back to 93. CEL within 50 miles for catalyst efficiency. I tested this across 3 different tanks of gas from different stations. One tank being non-blended. It seems that based on how far the O2s migrate during the install, there isn't a way to avoid a CEL, or my car is one of the lucky 5% that get a CEL with the green cats.

I then decided to just tune the car and have different tunes for 93 and 100.

( at $5 a gallon and keeping a drum at the house, it gets expensive and I didnt want to keep resetting codes when I take the car on trips. from the pump at most racetracks it is $10 a gallon to boot!)

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

Did you ever dunno before the tune

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

Did you ever dunno before the tune but wth the mods?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.