Sponsored

The Texas Mile Announces New Home at Victoria Regional Airport in Victoria, Texas

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
The Texas Mile Speeds to The Crossroads of South Texas in 2017
The Texas Mile Announces New Home at Victoria Regional Airport in Victoria, Texas
VICTORIA, TEXAS—The most recognized 1-Mile Top Speed Racing event in the world, The Texas Mile announced Tuesday morning it will establish its new home at Victoria Regional Airport in Victoria, Texas. The Texas Mile hosts over 220 of the fastest performance cars and motorcycles from across the United States to test their fastest speed in a 1 mile stretch. The bi-annual event will take place every March and October with the first event scheduled for March 24-26, 2017.
The Texas Mile welcomes amateur and professional car and motorcycle racers who all share the need for speed- without the fear of tickets or jail time! The Texas Mile was started in October 2003 by Julius (Jay) Matus, II and his wife, Shannon Matus, in Goliad, Texas with 35 participants and relatively no spectators. Over the last 14 years, the event now features over 220 participants and thousands of spectators in attendance. In recent years, the event has taken place at Chase Field Industrial Complex in Beeville, Texas and has brought over $1 million dollars to the local community each year with over 2,700 hotel room nights booked.
"We considered Victoria as the possible new site for The Texas Mile for several years,͟" said Jay Matus, CEO of The Texas Mile. "͞With a lot of hotel options and great family tourist attractions for our spectators, we think the time is perfect to move The Texas Mile here permanently,͟" he added.
"Victoria is very pleased to have such a well-known event like The Texas Mile move here," said Joel Novosad, Director of the Victoria Convention & Visitors Bureau. "The event will bring hundreds of overnight visitors to Victoria and have significant economic impact for the community.͟"
For Participants and spectators, convenient amenities will be offered onsite such as local food trucks, merchandise, and shaded spectator viewing areas. Hotels, motels, RV parks, and quaint B&B’s around the Victoria area are excited to welcome racers and fans to make Victoria a comfortable home away from home for the extended weekend.
Event Location: Victoria Regional Airport
Event Date: March 24-26, 2017
www.texasmile.net
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I am on San Antonio Bay, 40 miles from Victoria,Tx. I will attend as well. This airport could make money renting out space for auto-x events if someone sponsored it. I can't get a "Cars & Coffee" scheduled for the area. People are so busy working, as I see many ponies driving to Victoria for work from the coastal bend area. Nice coastal 75 mph hwy's to enjoy here.
Sponsored