Wayne Turner

Living life and loving it
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT350,1970 GSX 1987 Buick GN
So, just so I'm accurate. Can you get the lightning blue with the black stripes with the red accents or not? I'm told I had to get white accent if I wanted accent striping. It appears by the order sheet that red accents striping is available but maybe when it got closer to time for production they're only doing white? I don't know

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
So, just so I'm accurate. Can you get the lightning blue with the black stripes with the red accents or not? I'm told I had to get white accent if I wanted accent striping. It appears by the order sheet that red accents striping is available but maybe when it got closer to time for production they're only doing white? I don't know
The red accent is R only.

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Just order it without the stripe and do an aftermarket stripe in the color combo u want.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The red accents only come on the GT350R. White accents on the GT350

Wayne Turner

Living life and loving it
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT350,1970 GSX 1987 Buick GN
Makes perfect sense now that yall tell me. :headbonk:Stays with the red theme of the R. Sorry for the stupid question.

DML25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Is it safe to assume that most if not all allocations have been placed? I just can't picture a dealer with 1-4 ish allocations that has been sitting on the ordering process. I feel I'm too late to place an order.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Is it safe to assume that most if not all allocations have been placed? I just can't picture a dealer with 1-4 ish allocations that has been sitting on the ordering process. I feel I'm too late to place an order.
Production for 2017 started in June, and should end around next June. Orders were still being taken 2-3 months before production for 2016 GT350s ended.

Sponsored

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red - When the weather is nice
What I have learned to this point that is relevant to this comes mostly from small to mid-size dealers. Larger dealers may be different.

All of the small dealers that I have been in contact with have said they were promised one 350. Having an allocation of 1 says nothing about when the district rep will pull the order for that dealer and put it into production. Some dealers wait to allow people to place orders until they know from the district rep when an order is likely to be pulled for production. (BTW - I cancelled an order yesterday because the dealer did not, and would or could not get a date for me after two months of having my deposit.

Many of these same dealers say they might get a second but would not commit. The local dealer that I placed my new order at, did get a second 2016 allocation that they just sold - it was a very late production.

I suspect since they have sold their 1 2017 allocation to me and it is early in the year, it is possible that they might be allocated another. The only other variable that I don't think anyone knows for sure is, will there be a 2018 GT 350 run, or will it be something else. If there is not a 2018 run, I would guess that they might not build them so late into the production year, but who knows - I know I don't.

All that said, there are places where you can get a 350, at a reasonable price built just the way you want. Like others have said, it does take some work though --- much more than I thought it would (or should). Hope this helps.

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
Production for 2017 started in June, and should end around next June. Orders were still being taken 2-3 months before production for 2016 GT350s ended.
Yup.

I'm not sure how many Ford dealers are in the US currently, but somewhere around ~ 3,100. Not all signed up for the Shelby program but I'm guessing the majority did. Based on last year's production for the US that is only about 400 cars/month. Even if each dealer only got a single car it would take 7-8 months of production.

Me and I'm sure many others have had deposits/orders in for months. Unfortunately, the above math tells me not to hold my breath.

GTgamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millennium Buzard
Does anyone know if you can combine the convenience package, I.e. comfortable seats, in the R?

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Does anyone know if you can combine the convenience package, I.e. comfortable seats, in the R?
No, you would have to do that on your own ala Jay Leno.
Sponsored