Sponsored

stock ride height question

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
i did a quick search. couldn't find it.

sorry in a bit of a rush here. i dropped off my '15 GT PP to get KW V1's installed at a local shop. i asked for just a 1" drop because it's a daily driver and i have a lot of ground clearance issues.

just went to pick it up and... it's low. it's too dark to take pics and i don't have a measuring tape, but if i make a fist with my hand it barely clears between the pinch weld and the ground. :(

can someone with a stock GT PP please measure their ride height for me? ie. from the top of the fender lip to the ground for both front and rear please. i need to show them that something isn't right.

thanks in advance.
Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a

sorry in a bit of a rush here. i dropped off my '15 GT PP to get KW V1's installed at a local shop. i asked for just a 1" drop because it's a daily driver and i have a lot of ground clearance issues.

just went to pick it up and... it's low. it's too dark to take pics and i don't have a measuring tape, but if i make a fist with my hand it barely clears between the pinch weld and the ground. :(

can someone with a stock GT PP please measure their ride height for me? ie. from the top of the fender lip to the ground for both front and rear please. i need to show them that something isn't right.

thanks in advance.
A 1" drop on these cars does seem to be more extreme than a 1" drop on previous Mustangs, I don't know why, maybe it's just me. I just installed 350R springs on my car which are only a .5-.6" front drop and .2" rear drop. My car now scrapes leaving my driveway even though the front is only about half an inch lower. If it's too low check out some GT350R springs or BMR Minimal drop springs. They will both lower is less than an inch. It sucks because just about all aftermarket performance springs will lower the car at least an inch which makes it tough for a daily driver.

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE

thanks in advance.
I'll get you the measurements later today.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
If you like the springs and want to raise it up some, Steeda has a great solution. They provide spring spacers in several sizes that you can choose how high you want to raise it. That way you get the benefits of the performance spring and can adjust the ride height where you want it.

Sponsored

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
28.75", ground to top of wheel well, any other measurements needed let me know.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
The best way to measure it from the top of the fender opening (highest point) to the center of the wheel hub. That will take away any wheel/tire differences. I'm lowered about an inch and the measurement is ~14.25".

THE_AHJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Dead on, I'm 15.25" with stock height (not for long though) :D

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
A 1" drop on these cars does seem to be more extreme than a 1" drop on previous Mustangs, I don't know why, maybe it's just me. I just installed 350R springs on my car which are only a .5-.6" front drop and .2" rear drop. My car now scrapes leaving my driveway even though the front is only about half an inch lower. If it's too low check out some GT350R springs or BMR Minimal drop springs. They will both lower is less than an inch. It sucks because just about all aftermarket performance springs will lower the car at least an inch which makes it tough for a daily driver.
Because the previous Mustang had bigger wheel gaps so 1 inch drop on the S550 is more like 1.5 inch drop on the S197.

OP
OP
thumper

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
Dead on, I'm 15.25" with stock height (not for long though) :D
is this measurement the same for both front and rear?

ride height issues aside... these kw v1's are great. recommended :thumbsup:

Sponsored

THE_AHJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Yes sir, 15.25" for both front and rear.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Because the previous Mustang had bigger wheel gaps so 1 inch drop on the S550 is more like 1.5 inch drop on the S197.
Ahh OK, makes sense. My buddy has a 13' GT with a 2in drop and still has a slight bit of wheel gap. 2" on my car would look slammed.

OP
OP
thumper

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
i asked for an inch drop because it was what i had measured from the pinch weld underneath the car to the top of the ramp i have to go down at work.

as of this morning, the car got hung up on said ramp, so arguably i can assume that it's now lower than 1" :(

OP
OP
thumper

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
Yes sir, 15.25" for both front and rear.
well.

14" front
13.5" rear

so this translates into the front being only 1.25" drop, and the rear 1.75"... i need to go back.

ugh.

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
well.

14" front
13.5" rear

so this translates into the front being only 1.25" drop, and the rear 1.75"... i need to go back.

ugh.
Seems like you got the info you needed, but I measured 15.375" at all four corners... assuming I centered exactly at the wheel :shrug:
Sponsored