Another possible oil cooler failure

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Does anybody know the part number, tempted to buy one and keep it in the shed....just in case.
I can't see the point in replacing it with the same part:shrug:....

I mean unless it was a faulty batch, or a design fault, what's to stop it happening again?:confused:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jimboy2

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(

I mean unless it was a faulty batch, or a design fault, what's to stop it happening again?:confused:
I will try and get as much info from the dealer about this part and if it has been revised or not. Just seems like they are a ticking time bomb. If it's replaced like for like I won't be impressed as there is nothing stopping it happening again.

bennno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
550 Comp Orange

Nothing, all it would save is the car being off the road for months whilst it gets fixed due to parts availability, if the part itself isnt expensive.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Sorry to hear this mate.

Based on the TSB, it specifically mentions this risk on any car built prior to the 26th July'16.

This may mean that they fixed this issue on later builds, so new replacement oil coolers may have been changed to prevent this.

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Like others say, I hope you get this fixed as quick as possible, and insist on a decent replacement car. It's a manufacturing fault, so least ford can do is give you another daily hack !

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jimboy2

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will keep this thread updated with how Ford Eastleigh deal with this. If I'm honest depending on how smoothly this goes will decide how much longer I keep the car.
Any way
Had a phone call from the service manager at 0750 this morning. Asked what had happened and he told me that they will have the diagnosis done by end of play tomorrow. Told me to get a hire car from Ford assist which I will sort out later.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Will keep this thread updated with how Ford Eastleigh deal with this. If I'm honest depending on how smoothly this goes will decide how much longer I keep the car.
Any way
Had a phone call from the service manager at 0750 this morning. Asked what had happened and he told me that they will have the diagnosis done by end of play tomorrow. Told me to get a hire car from Ford assist which I will sort out later.
Ask for a similar size car or something with similar power, see what you get. :D

I got a Mondeo AWD Titanium thing which was actually quite a nice thing to drive and quite funny with the AWD, you could really overdrive the car like crazy, screaming its tyres everywhere. :D

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Sorry to see this mate and hope it gets fixed asap. Don't think about selling because of this problem, warranty is there for a reason :thumbsup:

What was your build date?
Mileage when it happened?
Stuck in traffic for any long periods of time (everything getting hot)?
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] can you answer the above as well please.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=12964]Stark[/MENTION] comprising a list of all those with issues and seeing any commonalities?

- James, I hope this gets fixed asap, it seems a bit odd, that it's happeneing to a somewhat variety of people (Yours isn't a daily, gibbos is semi daily and the other guys who went was daily, as was another guys on FB).
Hope it gets sorted pronto, does seem incredibly SH1TE that ford would allow this to happen, IMO they need to get any GT's effected by this back, before it happens. Because lets be honest, p1ssing oil on a motorway is bad enough, let alone how much it could cost them if you end up blowing the engine too.

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Any way
Good luck today James. If it's the same cause as Wobs', this is concerning (you share a build date - and mine was just a week later): I'd be interested to know if they've got a bad batch of cooler tanks that they can track down to individual customers with an offer to replace (with proven ones) BEFORE any problem happens. I'm not letting this go until the cooler fails and/or the engine is wrecked - and certainly not until the car goes out of warranty.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jimboy2

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to see this mate and hope it gets fixed asap. Don't think about selling because of this problem, warranty is there for a reason :thumbsup:

[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] can you answer the above as well please.
18/04/2016
4931 miles
Was driving pretty normally. May have been spirited at times but I don't push this car to anywhere near its limits!
Car isn't a daily was the 1st time it was used in 6 days. Always allowed to get oil to temp before I go about 3-3.5k rpm.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
[MENTION=12964]Stark[/MENTION] comprising a list of all those with issues and seeing any commonalities?

- James, I hope this gets fixed asap, it seems a bit odd, that it's happeneing to a somewhat variety of people (Yours isn't a daily, gibbos is semi daily and the other guys who went was daily, as was another guys on FB).
Hope it gets sorted pronto, does seem incredibly SH1TE that ford would allow this to happen, IMO they need to get any GT's effected by this back, before it happens. Because lets be honest, p1ssing oil on a motorway is bad enough, let alone how much it could cost them if you end up blowing the engine too.
Yeah seeing if there is some sort of pattern or whether it is just sh!t luck

18/04/2016
4931 miles
Was driving pretty normally. May have been spirited at times but I don't push this car to anywhere near its limits!
Car isn't a daily was the 1st time it was used in 6 days. Always allowed to get oil to temp before I go about 3-3.5k rpm.
The last question was not so much how you drive the car (this thing should be able to withstand a spirited drive) I am thinking more along the lines of sitting in a traffic jam where you see the needle creep up more than normal, which means everything getting hot under the bonnet. With that oil cooler placement and things getting hotter than usual, may be causing this.

Wobs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
@Gibbo205 can you answer the above as well please.
18/04/2016
Approx 5500 miles
Doesn't sit long in Traffic
Daily driver
Mine went during a burst of acceleration on a dual carriageway

OP
OP
Jimboy2

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18/04/2016
Approx 5500 miles
Doesn't sit long in Traffic
Daily driver
Mine went during a burst of acceleration on a dual carriageway
How did you know it went? I have no idea when mine went. Noticed it when I thought the rear brakes were on fire when I pulled up at home. There was no warnings anywhere that it had gone.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
How come Ford are not following their own TSB? (or are they?)

"Check the engine oil and coolant system for contamination. Is the engine oil contaminated with engine coolant or coolant contaminated with oil?
Yes – proceed to Step 3.
No – proceed to Step 2."

Step three is new engine. So far as I recall, only Gibbo's just leaked externally. The two we've just seen [MENTION=29907]alan27[/MENTION] & [MENTION=20439]Jimboy2[/MENTION]) have contaminated the coolant with oil. If they don't replace the engine in these circumstances I think I'd want an open ended guarantee that any future internal engine failure would be covered with a replacement engine. [MENTION=29907]alan27[/MENTION] are they replacing your engine?
Sponsored