Sponsored

Hood change /mods in EU?

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT FB 2015 EU
Hey guys.
Wanna ask you, how is it with hood mods (incl. Hood lifts) in EU where we have that pedestrian collision system im Mustangs?

I wanted to get standart US hood(can youor get me tip where to get it? No luck in cjpony or am) or some aftearket hood and also the hood lifts BUT there is allways written its not for eu cars due the pedestrian alert system.

Anyone has more info abou this please?

Thanx a lot!
Sponsored

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Hey guys.
Wanna ask you, how is it with hood mods (incl. Hood lifts) in EU where we have that pedestrian collision system im Mustangs?
Thanx a lot!
Well this is true, but a lot of us installed the hood lift system anyways, some brands claim it does not hinder its functionality others just mention it could. Frankly the US cars in EU do not have the system so who cares :shrug:

OP
OP
laardilla

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heh, ye well i mostly think that way too (imports dont have it, so whats the problem) but i honestly dont know how the pedestr. system works
exactly, so there could be even some problem if you hit something (not mention someone) with aftermarket hood or lifts.
I mean - not only for the "object" you hit but also maybe even for the driver...?
What exactly does the system do with the hood?
My expectation is that the hood opens so the pedestrian wont fly thru windsheld.
So what could be problem if you have hood with some airflow holes like in us??? It wont open or what?

I hate you, EU, for ruining my mustang... :)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I have them on mine as well and zero problems with them.

The way the active hood hinges work is that when you hit a pedestrian they hinges are actually pushed upward about 10cm to create a larger angle and make the hood line up more with the windshield. With the hood struts installed you basically have 2 more connections between the fenders and the hood but because they are designed to expand when you open the hood normally they will also expand when the other side of the hood is raised. Ergo they do not interfere with the pedestrian safety sytem.

OP
OP
laardilla

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanx, thats good to know!

Now...what about US or aftermarket hood then?
The systemis in hood itself?

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
yes if you open your hood you will see the strange hinges, these are different from standard hinges. I haven't checked if you can change the hood maintaining EU hinges or not.

OP
OP
laardilla

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh blast :/
ok then, it seems whe are screwd with some hood vents then.... :(

Thanx for replies ;)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
However, since that hood pedestrian safety seems sh*t, there are two sensors behind front bumper that could be disconnected... :)

OP
OP
laardilla

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hehe yea.
Btw. friend of mine (policeman :) told me what happends if the hood opens at high speed crash with pedestrian...
Well, i rather wont tell you details, but the results was 2 "parts" instead one pedestrian... So i belive the system is crap anyway.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I just found among my uploaded pictures, the pages from the manual regarding this system:

I also have some pics of the hinges, but can't access to my account on photobucket at the moment.

Sponsored
OP
OP
laardilla

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm, from that diagram it seems the hood lift could be a problem...

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
We've put a hood on a EU Mustang last month. No problems :)

It's not difficult at all, just a bit meticulous to get the alignment perfect again. And you'd really want to have a buddy to help you with the install. Doing it solo is impossible.

On hoods: if you're looking for the OEM US GT hood, I think (I should check) there's an unpainted one in stock in Belgium at Roush. No idea on pricing though. Shall I check? The one we installed last month was a Cervini. Looks epic, but it was MUCH heavier than the OEM hood. Stopped all bonnet flutter though :lol: Also we had to do some adjustments ourselves, etc. If you're looking for an aftermarket hood, check out the Anderson Composites stuff. We haven't installed a hood of them yet, but their gt350 fenders were super light and HQ. No adjustments needed.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
So if you survive getting hit the hood flies up and finishes you off.

OP
OP
laardilla

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We've put a hood on a EU Mustang last month. No problems :)

It's not difficult at all, just a bit meticulous to get the alignment perfect again. And you'd really want to have a buddy to help you with the install. Doing it solo is impossible.

On hoods: if you're looking for the OEM US GT hood, I think (I should check) there's an unpainted one in stock in Belgium at Roush. No idea on pricing though. Shall I check? The one we installed last month was a Cervini. Looks epic, but it was MUCH heavier than the OEM hood. Stopped all bonnet flutter though :lol: Also we had to do some adjustments ourselves, etc. If you're looking for an aftermarket hood, check out the Anderson Composites stuff. We haven't installed a hood of them yet, but their gt350 fenders were super light and HQ. No adjustments needed.

Oh, thats great news. So you was able to keep the active hood working with the cervinis? Or just Just unlugged it?
The price will be great, but i didnt choose the hood yet since i thought its not possible to mount in eu.
The andersons 350gt style loogs good but a bit more different that the original 350 hood then iam able to accept :)
But cervinis or oem are sweet. Both.

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
What about cutting holes in the EU hood, for the US vents? Think I saw someone here do just that.
Sponsored