The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That looks awesome actually. Much better than I thought. I need to speak to Mike about one or two things actually.
I thought just that ;)! :thumbsup:

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Looks like I will have company on April 27th [MENTION=16323]Lone Survivor[/MENTION] at Modurstang. Place is miles from anywhere so last time I was there just hung about watching the masters at work. Mikes going to be busy as I also have some Steeda IRS and front chassis brace for them to fit on the day.
I'll see you there then :thumbsup: what time are you there? I'm maybe gonna stick the Mrs on the train to Chipping Norton (we're staying there for a night), and getting up for opening on Thursday, then either hang about or get a taxi back to Chipping :shrug:

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Ha, well, cervini's is lighter, made of Fiberglass, and has a few extra goodies on it, this is just a cheaper way of getting some vents on the car and looking badass... I never publisied it here but I'm happy if someone wants to use my Stackry to send another shipment or do their own group buy?
Cervini's is actually super heavy (although you'd expend otherwise indeed). Haven't weight it but it's at least 3x the weight of the stock bonnet. Stops the flutter though :lol:

Crappy phone pic, but here's one we installed.

33313798253_882d477b18_b.jpg

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
been watching this thread as its one of the things I want to do either return the hood vents or fit the cervini stalker hood. The thing that concerns me just fitting the factory vents are on the yank tops the vents sit in a recess where the edges of the hood are folded down to meet the vent. On ours since we don't have the fold I assume we'll just have to cut and stick on top as in the picture above ?

this seems to be the best picture i can find

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Cervini's is actually super heavy (although you'd expend otherwise indeed). Haven't weight it but it's at least 3x the weight of the stock bonnet. Stops the flutter though :lol:

Crappy phone pic, but here's one we installed.

33313798253_882d477b18_b.jpg
I will do a comparison when I remove my cars hood.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION] really?! I always thought they were lighter for some reason! Madness... Well, vents are cheaper anyway, but Cervini's does look badass!

Hoping the vents cut the flutter a bit though, they'll go so well with the Alloys, cough cough ;)

[MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION] that's an official ford one, rolled bonnet to so it looks like it sits level etc, pretty hard to do as a retro-fit!

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
I'll see you there then :thumbsup: what time are you there? I'm maybe gonna stick the Mrs on the train to Chipping Norton (we're staying there for a night), and getting up for opening on Thursday, then either hang about or get a taxi back to Chipping :shrug:
Will be setting off from Devon about 6am & will get there just before 9am. See you there :)

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
[MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION] that's an official ford one, rolled bonnet to so it looks like it sits level etc, pretty hard to do as a retro-fit!
so are your vents the proper ford vents but will just be stuck on almost rather than sunk in or are they 3rd party vents? I'm tempted by the roush vents but worry they'd look shitty with our bonnets :(

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Could be me... but this vent (retrofit) in the yellow pic Manders posted looks like its sitting a lot further back than the standard fit one shown in the black pic that hinch posted (and looking again they also appear to be a different shapes, the black one not being as angular at the front and rear... although I may just be being bloody stupid as it may be the perspective/angle of the pic that's making it look that way)!

Also, I'm sure I've seen it asked elsewhere... but how do you not get water pissing in all over your engine in heavy rain or when washing it with these things fitted... there's got to be some water ingress no matter how careful you are?

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
So about 6 months back now ..i did to want to do this mod..i ended up modifying drake heat extractors with Starkey products led hood vent turn signals..i did as well have to cut a hole in the hood..not as big and drilled like 10 holes each side ..everything fit really flush ..and eliminated that flutter..as for the water getting in the engine bay..i use airraid inclosed cai.
20160903_131450-1600x1200.jpg
20160830_202348-1600x1200.jpg
20160723_150858-1200x1600.jpg
20160831_223300-1600x1200.jpg
20160913_201704-1600x1200.jpg

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=23824]Nookie[/MENTION] see [MENTION=26474]Elvis66[/MENTION] 's post, the picture third picture is the second skins mounting points, it's impossible to fit them in two different slots unless you modify the second skin in a separate place. Modurstang fit them to the stock locations.

AS for water ingress, not a clue, but they have vents in the American cars, and there's vents in Jaguar's, Some land rovers etc etc so doubt that's an issue too much. It's only water at the end of the day :p

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
[MENTION=23824]Nookie[/MENTION] see [MENTION=26474]Elvis66[/MENTION] 's post, the picture third picture is the second skins mounting points, it's impossible to fit them in two different slots unless you modify the second skin in a separate place. Modurstang fit them to the stock locations.

AS for water ingress, not a clue, but they have vents in the American cars, and there's vents in Jaguar's, Some land rovers etc etc so doubt that's an issue too much. It's only water at the end of the day :p
I get that they've got to be fitted to align with the stock location in the inner skin... just 'looks' like in that second pic (black car) that it's further forward to me... but could be an aftermarket hood which takes stock vents - or just the cock-eyed angle I'm looking at it from, coupled with old age and the need for reading glasses to see anything nowadays!

Vents are one of the things I've always wanted on the car, but the water ingress issue has always been a concern as I'm a bit OCD and like to keep the engine looking good (you get that way when its a V8... :D), which would be more difficult if you've got another access point for water, dust, and those bloody annoying little spiders that make their home in every crevice of your car at this time of year!

I'm gonna get a set from NTO when I'm in the US next month and mod them to block up the vent area, so won't be functional but will still look good. Bonnet flutter not an issue over here as no chance of driving much faster than 40MPH unless being chased by police.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I get that they've got to be fitted to align with the stock location in the inner skin... just 'looks' like in that second pic (black car) that it's further forward to me... but could be an aftermarket hood which takes stock vents - or just the cock-eyed angle I'm looking at it from, coupled with old age and the need for reading glasses to see anything nowadays!

Vents are one of the things I've always wanted on the car, but the water ingress issue has always been a concern as I'm a bit OCD and like to keep the engine looking good (you get that way when its a V8... :D), which would be more difficult if you've got another access point for water, dust, and those bloody annoying little spiders that make their home in every crevice of your car at this time of year!

I'm gonna get a set from NTO when I'm in the US next month and mod them to block up the vent area, so won't be functional but will still look good. Bonnet flutter not an issue over here as no chance of driving much faster than 40MPH unless being chased by police.
Haha, same angle, second picture (Black) they're recessed into the skin, that's an OEM fitment/hood, and it's the California Special, same hood as the GT just has indicators in it. So same position, i'll compare with @Golden_Gooner when mine are on as his are stock they should be the same place.

As for clean engine bay and v8... oi! I'll have you know my engine bay stays spotless and well painted :crazy::lol:

Ha, can't go over 40, should have got an ecoboost :amen::lol:
Sponsored