The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Apart from looking great, does anyone know if they will help reduce/stop the bonnet 'flutter' as they reduce the air pressure under the bonnet?
My hope is that they do, i'll let you know when mine are in, as I've got a very noticeable flutter even at 70mph on mine.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
^ That, but in different colours ;)!

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Ruby Red mate, i might go matte black wrap at some point :shrug:

Yeah Mike is chockablock next week, if he can fit it in he's doing the MGW shifter as well, the main aim is the vents though, I can get the MGW done up here, I trust this man Mike with the hood vents, I'm not sure I'd trust anyone else.

[MENTION=20047]CapitanPug[/MENTION] got the MGW done at place we both know we'll, so they've had a practice on fitting one :lol:

I got the vents about 6-8 months ago, was just biding my time re a place to fit them.

Fortis on Monday for the headlights, in London for a few days then a night in Chipping Norton, before stopping off at a mates outside Blackpool :headbang:

Cheese City :first:
Got my mgw fitted at Mikes a few weeks back. Took roughly 2-3 hours in total. Most time was taken trying to get stupid switchbacks to work.:mad:

Sponsored

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Looks like I will have company on April 27th [MENTION=16323]Lone Survivor[/MENTION] at Modurstang. Place is miles from anywhere so last time I was there just hung about watching the masters at work. Mikes going to be busy as I also have some Steeda IRS and front chassis brace for them to fit on the day.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like I will have company on April 27th [MENTION=16323]Lone Survivor[/MENTION] at Modurstang. Place is miles from anywhere so last time I was there just hung about watching the masters at work. Mikes going to be busy as I also have some Steeda IRS and front chassis brace for them to fit on the day.
IRs and Chasis are easy.. once you've done them before lol but, Mike can get others to do that, He only allows himself to do the Vents IIRC.

Timm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
The vents may help with the flutter, But they will not eliminate it. As a 2016 gt owner from the USA, I also get hood flutter, shakes, granted it is when I hit higher speeds, and didn't start with a non vented hood, but I still get them. It may help reduce them, but not eliminate them.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather

Sponsored
OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
How do the vents fit on an EU bonnet ?
There's the cut outs in the second skin, with all the holes ti fit them in, you cut the top skin and fit them in, pic below, also, if you check the cover on the hood, just peel back a corner you'll see the spots for them.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
But aren't they recessed into the hood? I may well have a spare set of hood vents and a spare hood. May get this done and then sell it.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
But aren't they recessed into the hood? I may well have a spare set of hood vents and a spare hood. May get this done and then sell it.
Recessing them would involve folding the hood. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Finished product.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Ha, well, cervini's is lighter, made of Fiberglass, and has a few extra goodies on it, this is just a cheaper way of getting some vents on the car and looking badass... I never publisied it here but I'm happy if someone wants to use my Stackry to send another shipment or do their own group buy?
This is true but I prefer the OEM look with the roush hood scoop. However, I chose the Ram air hood because it reminds me of the GT500KR. I would love to put some indicator lights in each scoop but not sure how legal that would be.
Sponsored