Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Billet Rear Shock Mounts Are Finally Here!

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
yeah obviously im still gonna feel the imperfections and bumps my main issues seems to be most apparent when going over bumps/potholes in first and second and then my car bounces all over the place and makes shifting damn near impossible and choppy and annoys the shit out of me.
Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Can anyone at Steeda hook me up with a deal on these please

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
yeah obviously im still gonna feel the imperfections and bumps my main issues seems to be most apparent when going over bumps/potholes in first and second and then my car bounces all over the place and makes shifting damn near impossible and choppy and annoys the shit out of me.
Yeah I know what you're talking about. I had similar issues. These will help on gaining more composure over bumps like that and it should feel more settled overall.

It's not a "Magic" piece but yeah it really does what they claim. Provides more positive damping control by solidly connecting the shocks to the frame and allowing proper articulation of the shocks. After putting these on, it will make bumps more an UP DOWN motion smoothly and removing the vague feeling.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I know what you're talking about. I had similar issues. These will help on gaining more composure over bumps like that and it should feel more settled overall.

It's not a "Magic" piece but yeah it really does what they claim. Provides more positive damping control by solidly connecting the shocks to the frame and allowing proper articulation of the shocks. After putting these on, it will make bumps more an UP DOWN motion smoothly and removing the vague feeling.
Appreciate the feedback!

They are a thing of beauty :)

steeda-billet-rear-shock-mount-10mm-rear-shocks-2015-2017-s550-01.jpg

Many, many happy customers :cheers:

TJ

Sponsored

Darkhelmet22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White 5.0
I installed mine a couple days ago with the pro-action shocks. I get a nasty pop/knock now on the LR over sharp bumps. Hopefully it is just me not getting the nut tight enough in the mount. I'm gonna pull it apart tonight and recheck my work.

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
I installed mine a couple days ago with the pro-action shocks. I get a nasty pop/knock now on the LR over sharp bumps. Hopefully it is just me not getting the nut tight enough in the mount. I'm gonna pull it apart tonight and recheck my work.
The locknut at the top of the shock has probably worked itself loose. You need this type of 21mm socket to tighten it properly https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwabe...46sch01a-03/?gclid=CPPIm7_W6NECFYdrfgodRqsOJg along with a 9mm open wrench to hold the shock shaft. I had the driver side locknut work itself loose after less than 100 miles. I got this socket and tighten the shock locknuts on both sides and haven't had a problem since. I think Steeda should be selling this socket with the billet shock mount. You can't tighten the locknut properly without holding the shock shaft while you tighten the locknut.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The locknut at the top of the shock has probably worked itself loose. You need this type of 21mm socket to tighten it properly https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwabe...46sch01a-03/?gclid=CPPIm7_W6NECFYdrfgodRqsOJg along with a 9mm open wrench to hold the shock shaft. I had the driver side locknut work itself loose after less than 100 miles. I got this socket and tighten the shock locknuts on both sides and haven't had a problem since. I think Steeda should be selling this socket with the billet shock mount. You can't tighten the locknut properly without holding the shock shaft while you tighten the locknut.
You could also use a jam nut with loctite on top of the large nut. This is what I've done and I recommend.

Darkhelmet22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White 5.0
Ya, I have a 22mm in that socket style but not a 21 lol. Mine are the non adjustable so the shaft has a 5mm hex key hole at the top of the shaft. I had to use a few bumps from my electric impact to get it tight or they weren't going together that night. Guess I'll have to by that socket to make sure I got it tight enough.

Darkhelmet22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White 5.0
You could also use a jam nut with loctite on top of the large nut. This is what I've done and I recommend.
I actually figured that would have been needed but the instructions never said to use one. I'm for sure gonna put one on now since you had good luck with that.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Wait are we talking about the front struts or the rear shocks?

I don't think you need that Schwaben tool for the rear shocks, do you? I can't remember what size nut it was.

I literally just wacked my rear shock nuts down with my small impact - got tight, then three trigger pulls. Not a peep. I know it's not recommended but... hey...

Darkhelmet22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White 5.0
Wait are we talking about the front struts or the rear shocks?

I don't think you need that Schwaben tool for the rear shocks, do you? I can't remember what size nut it was.

I literally just wacked my rear shock nuts down with my small impact - got tight, then three trigger pulls. Not a peep. I know it's not recommended but... hey...
I'm talking about the rear... I did the same thing to tighten them.

GilSilcox

Gil
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
I received mine on Monday. I have the clunking sound as well on one side. When I checked it, the one that's clunking has to be defective. The ball in side is very loose where I can move it around with just one finger and it will clunk (detached from frame of vehicle). I put the factory mount on and the clunk is gone.

I sent a video of it to Matt at Steeda and now I'm just waiting to hear what they say.

That being said, they are a great looking product and Steeda shipped them quickly. Hopefully I'll have a replacement soon as I'm getting tired of removing the wheel and shock so many times trying to pinpoint the problem.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I received mine on Monday. I have the clunking sound as well on one side. When I checked it, the one that's clunking has to be defective. The ball in side is very loose where I can move it around with just one finger and it will clunk (detached from frame of vehicle). I put the factory mount on and the clunk is gone.

I sent a video of it to Matt at Steeda and now I'm just waiting to hear what they say.

That being said, they are a great looking product and Steeda shipped them quickly. Hopefully I'll have a replacement soon as I'm getting tired of removing the wheel and shock so many times trying to pinpoint the problem.
Checked with the team and a new mount is leaving today.

Matt will be following up with you shortly.

Thank you,

Steeda Tech
Sponsored