Import of lhd 6th generation from USA

OP
OP

GrahamAlder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Mine took just over 3 weeks from port to port,when I had a landed time I booked car for Iva as there is always a long waiting time ,all in it took from buying to collecting from Iva test centre and driving home 8 weeks ,good luck with mustang I'm sure you'll love it
I'm sure I will too! I loved the four that I have rented in recent years. I'd like to have it here for early May and I think there's enough time for that. It's all in the competent hands of STS Imports now. It's a 2016 yellow V6 auto convertible.
Sponsored

OP
OP

GrahamAlder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Well, two things -

1. The car I'm getting isn't the one I mentioned earlier - it was rejected. Another one has been found and bought on my behalf. It's a yellow V6 and should be in Miami sometime soon.

2. I made the trip - 2600 miles - from near Naples to New York in an Alamo yellow EcoBoost, taking in Miami and Clearwater. I put some photos on SimplyMustangs on Facebook.

Has anyone with a US spec S550 attempted to swap the radio for a UK type with the larger screen? How well does the US radio work in the UK? I know it's not DAB.

Thanks!

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Well, two things -

1. The car I'm getting isn't the one I mentioned earlier - it was rejected. Another one has been found and bought on my behalf. It's a yellow V6 and should be in Miami sometime soon.

2. I made the trip - 2600 miles - from near Naples to New York in an Alamo yellow EcoBoost, taking in Miami and Clearwater. I put some photos on SimplyMustangs on Facebook.

Has anyone with a US spec S550 attempted to swap the radio for a UK type with the larger screen? How well does the US radio work in the UK? I know it's not DAB.

Thanks!
I have Sync 3, the radio is fine, picks up all the English stations, and comes up with all the details, song playing that sort of stuff
mind you it was improved a lot with the update and now have 2.2 rather than 2.0.
mind you not sure about Sync 2, as don't have it, as that is the smaller screen?

OP
OP

GrahamAlder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
The one I rented (2017) had a large screen whereas the one I'm buying (2015) has the smaller screen. I've no idea what I'm going to do but in principle I'd like the UK version of the one in my 2017 rented car. I'll look into it when mine arrives and that's not going to be any time soon!

Sponsored

OP
OP

GrahamAlder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Sync 2 and 3 both have the same size screens. There is also a "base" head unit which has a tiny non touch screen
I think the "tiny screen" version is the one in mine and I'd like to update it.

Ideally I'd like the UK version of the large touch-screen unit in my 2017 Alamo rented EcoBoost.

Thanks!

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
I think the "tiny screen" version is the one in mine and I'd like to update it.

Ideally I'd like the UK version of the large touch-screen unit in my 2017 Alamo rented EcoBoost.

Thanks!
Have a look around Mustang6g there is definatly a solution but may be costly to do

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
The one I rented (2017) had a large screen whereas the one I'm buying (2015) has the smaller screen. I've no idea what I'm going to do but in principle I'd like the UK version of the one in my 2017 rented car. I'll look into it when mine arrives and that's not going to be any time soon!
Mine has small screen ,not a problem radio picks up ok,I mainly use USB stick or play dab radio through my iPhone as this all connects to sync 2 ,there are plenty of upgrades if it bothers you that much on US eBay ÂŁ300-ÂŁ500 pounds
Sponsored