Sponsored

Detailed Order Process (UK-S550)

sjr311083

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
[MENTION=29170]Paul S Lawrence[/MENTION] not to add into the speculation.. but.... WHAT?!

[MENTION=26351]sjr311083[/MENTION] 43 cars damaged on the train?! What train? They don't get delivered by train do they?
Yes it comes up by train from Southampton to a compound in Liverpool and then on to the dealership from there apparently!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=26351]sjr311083[/MENTION] Sounds a bit peculiar, didn't know that - also surely news would have got out if 43 got damaged in delivery... and if they are, I'd like to hope they tell the prospective buyers?!

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
[MENTION=26351]sjr311083[/MENTION] Sounds a bit peculiar, didn't know that - also surely news would have got out if 43 got damaged in delivery... and if they are, I'd like to hope they tell the prospective buyers?!
More likely on the train in the USA. Why are people suddenly listening to dealers (remember "Florida Rock? :lol:) who have routinely known SFA for the last 18 months. Karen or Stacey, or it isn't true.

Paul S Lawrence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Mine was delayed 4 weeks in Zeebruge... arrived on Southamption last weekend, arriving at dealership via road transporter tomorrow for Friday collection. I'm suspicious about the delay and will be double checking every panel and PDI item before they get my ££££.

Sponsored

Mpbpub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT coupe auto
You got to love WWL's vehicle processing plant at Zeebrugge.
They do everything necessary to a vehicle before it leaves the port.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You got to love WWL's vehicle processing plant at Zeebrugge.
They do everything necessary to a vehicle before it leaves the port.
I hope this is laid thick with sarcasm! :lol:

Mpbpub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT coupe auto
Caught out!!!
Don't know that I want anybody outside of Flat Rock touching my car unless they have my permission. They profess to work to a high standard but if the under seal is anything to go by, I'm glad I didn't order any extras that weren't fitted at the factory.
(Please tell me they don't do the reversing beepers)

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Caught out!!!
Don't know that I want anybody outside of Flat Rock touching my car unless they have my permission. They profess to work to a high standard but if the under seal is anything to go by, I'm glad I didn't order any extras that weren't fitted at the factory.
(Please tell me they don't do the reversing beepers)
Zeebrugge just log it in, pass it through customs and import and underseal it. then load it back on a ship.

Ritchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any old shite.
More likely on the train in the USA. Why are people suddenly listening to dealers (remember "Florida Rock? :lol:) who have routinely known SFA for the last 18 months. Karen or Stacey, or it isn't true.
Where did this rumour come from about the damaged cars? Mine is expected at the dealers today and I reckon it's had a bit of a delay, I'm flapping now!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Where did this rumour come from about the damaged cars? Mine is expected at the dealers today and I reckon it's had a bit of a delay, I'm flapping now!
From @sjr311083 's Dealer.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So what do we reckon, tosh or not?

My dealer said that there had been delays but he was waiting for Focus RS's aswell, possibly ruling out the train incident in the states?
Unless it was a train in the UK, in which im shocked the news don't know about it - or us. If it was a "train" going from So'ton to Lpool with the cars on, it'd just be those up there effected by the dealys, not the ones transported by truck (Although, from last research on this, it was all done by truck, even up to Scotland, only difference was Ireland who get on ANOTHER boat from liverpool !)

My verdict: Dealer BS. The delays, eff knows why, or how, ask Karen or Stacey they'll know.
Sponsored