No sync3 = no apple/android carplay :(

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
I support the opinion from kz... always the same story... It does not have this, that and that...
we have to be more than happy with this '15 model... It has so much more than the models before that we barely can complain...
I'm extremely happy and I really don't need any sync 3,4,5... :) looking at it everyday and enjoying driving is the best it can offer :D
Sponsored

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
I support the opinion from kz... always the same story... It does not have this, that and that...
we have to be more than happy with this '15 model... It has so much more than the models before that we barely can complain...
I'm extremely happy and I really don't need any sync 3,4,5... :) looking at it everyday and enjoying driving is the best it can offer :D
He said the 2016 EU Mustang doesn't come with Sync 3, while the 2016 US Mustang does come with Sync 3.

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
He said the 2016 EU Mustang doesn't come with Sync 3, while the 2016 US Mustang does come with Sync 3.
oh then I read it wrong... Sorry! :cheers:

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What does Sync3 do that Sync 2 doesn't ? Yes, no doubt it's better, as Sync4 will be and 20xx Mustang. Chill out people and enjoy _driving_ this car.
Noone disagree, the point is that is a pitty because sync3 is available for US cars.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Will they really not bring android/apple 'car play' to Europe and Asia then? Because it's probably 2-3 years away...? Otherwise I do think see how we couldn't upgrade to sync3 when/if it's available here...

Then again ford could upgrade sync2/mft with the same features if they wanted to keep us happy :)

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Noone disagree, the point is that is a pitty because sync3 is available for US cars.
It is now. You're casualty of a longer production cycle and should be happy you're getting Mustang there at all ;-) (kidding) (half kidding actually :) )

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I don't get it. With your current sync you can't change songs from your phone? I can't select from a list, but I can forward. Even on youtube playlist it works.

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sync3 is far more modern. Of course you can live with sync2 like some people still using iphone4....

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Sync3 is far more modern. Of course you can live with sync2 like some people still using iphone4....
I honestly think that if Sync version is a main concern for somebody, that person is buying a wrong car. There are Teslas and tons of other completely boring cars with nice responsive screens and lots of buttons. Get a manual transmission, you'll be way more engaged in driving and have no time to play with infotainment.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Then again ford could upgrade sync2/mft with the same features if they wanted to keep us happy :)
I doubt the processor in the Sync2 hardware will be able to handle that. That's probably also why they limited Apple integration to Siri Eyes Free only in the 3.8 update.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
A bit of interesting news today: The upcoming European Ford Kuga facelift has Sync3, This means that Sync3 in the 2017 EU Mustang has become a little bit more likely now.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Don't see the dealio since Ford stuck me with a US Sync2 MFT they could have just thrown in a Sync3 :p

Zymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Whatever Sync X that is in the car, i will probably not use it much. Not a dealbreaker. No need for nav or iphone or whateverphone compatibility.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Window sticker of my car (2016 EU EB) says Sync 3 though. Maybe the window sticker is wrong (also says sequential tail lights, which we don't have right?) when it comes to the standard options and just say the US standard options. Everything else in there seems correct though. And it does say 'Export to BE' too. We'll see I guess

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
This has been discussed long time ago when we all waited on our 'Stangs.

A lot of "Standard Equipment" are not available for the export market like the sequential lights, Sync 3, universal garage door opener, led fog lamps, and so on ...

The only true equipments are listed left to this message :
standard.JPG
Sponsored