Sponsored

Hudson Valley: NY Area

i3anditz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Gt premium auto
Hello All,

Just picked up my 2015 mustang and was wondering where my fellow mustang owners or soon to be owners at ?

I live in the Poughkeepsie area,
Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Hello All,

Just picked up my 2015 mustang and was wondering where my fellow mustang owners or soon to be owners at ?

I live in the Poughkeepsie area,

Congrats! Cornwall here.. getting my V6 by the end of March. Is this your first Mustang? :ford: Lets see some pics :clap2:

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424716286.157964.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424716345.211336.jpg

Yeah my first mustang
Nice! Welcome to the club! This will be my third, I had a 87 GT and an 89 LX 5.0 when I was younger. Mustang owners are a great bunch overall, join the Mustang Club of America there's a Middletown Chapter that I believe covers Poughkeepsie as well

bogey928

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BJ
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Convertible v289, 2015 GT Convertible
I'm in Highland. My first car when I was 15 in 1986 was a 1966 Mustang Coupe straight 6 my dad bought for me as a way to get me to visit on weekends to work on it since my parents were divorced. Drove it through all through high school and have many great memories of that car. I sold it to help pay for college and wish I hadn't.

During one of many midlife crisis I have had :D, I bought a 1965 Mustang Convertible v289 from a little old lady in Maryland in April 2013 and trailered it home. It has been a labor of love ever since.
dDFaHMm.jpg

I've redone the interior, added a bolt on rack and pinion steering system and put disc brakes on the front and larger drums on the rear. Up next is replacing the entire wiring and getting the heater to work again, even though I will never drive it when it needs heat.

When they announced the 2015 Mustangs I decided I needed to have one of those as well (another midlife crisis purchase :thumbsup: ), and I ordered it on 11-17-2014 and picked it up 1-23-15. It's a fully loaded GT Convertible with every option box you could check off except the automatic transmission as I still love driving standard, it's what I learned on.

Here it is topless going through PDI before I picked it up.

7HbnV1F.jpg

If we ever thaw out I look forward to getting them both out of the garage. Hopefully I will see some of you fellow Mustang owners during the warmer months! The McDonalds in Highland does a "car show" every Friday night starting when the weather breaks and I plan on heading down there often. There is always a great turnout. It'd be fun to get some fellow S550 owners parked next to me! :ford:

:cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Highland. My first car when I was 15 in 1986 was a 1966 Mustang Coupe straight 6 my dad bought for me as a way to get me to visit on weekends to work on it since my parents were divorced. Drove it through all through high school and have many great memories of that car. I sold it to help pay for college and wish I hadn't.

During one of many midlife crisis I have had :D, I bought a 1965 Mustang Convertible v289 from a little old lady in Maryland in April 2013 and trailered it home. It has been a labor of love ever since.
dDFaHMm.jpg

I've redone the interior, added a bolt on rack an pinion steering system and put disc brakes on the front and larger drums on the rear. Up next is replacing the entire wiring and getting the heater to work again, even though I will never drive it when it needs heat.

When they announced the 2015 Mustangs I decided I needed to have one of those as well (another midlife crisis purchase :thumbsup: ), and I ordered it in 11-17-2014 and picked it up 1-23-15. It's a fully loaded GT Convertible with every option box you could check off except the automatic transmission as I still love driving standard, it's what I learned on.

7HbnV1F.jpg

If we ever thaw out I look forward to getting them both out of the garage. Hopefully I will see some of you fellow Mustang owners during the warmer months! The McDonalds in Highland does a "car show" every Friday night starting when the weather breaks and I plan on heading down there often. There is always a great turnout. It'd be fun to get some fellow S550 owners parked next to me! :thumbsup:

Both cars are beautiful! It's great to see a 65 well cared for. Honor the timeless classics- I didn't coin the phrase but I believe in it :ford:

bogey928

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BJ
Vehicle(s)
Both cars are beautiful! It's great to see a 65 well cared for. Honor the timeless classics- I didn't coin the phrase but I believe in it :ford:
Thank you for the kind words and I agree with you 100%. I hope to pass both these timeless classics on to my son one day. He's only 8 but so far I think I've got him going the the right direction, when he sees a Mustang while we are driving around he yells "THERE'S A HERO" :headbang: and when he sees a Camaro he yells "THERE"S THE ENEMY!" :eyebulge: I like to think thats good parenting right there. :lol:

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the kind words and I agree with you 100%. I hope to pass both these timeless classics on to my son one day. He's only 8 but so far I think I've got him going the the right direction, when he sees a Mustang while we are driving around he yells "THERE'S A HERO" :headbang: and when he sees a Camaro he yells "THERE"S THE ENEMY!" :eyebulge: I like to think thats good parenting right there. :lol:
Very cool lol hope to see you around in the warmer weather :clap2:

OP
OP

i3anditz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Gt premium auto

dDFaHMm.jpg

I've redone the interior, added a bolt on rack an pinion steering system and put disc brakes on the front and larger drums on the rear. Up next is replacing the entire wiring and getting the heater to work again, even though I will never drive it when it needs heat.

When they announced the 2015 Mustangs I decided I needed to have one of those as well (another midlife crisis purchase :thumbsup: ), and I ordered it on 11-17-2014 and picked it up 1-23-15. It's a fully loaded GT Convertible with every option box you could check off except the automatic transmission as I still love driving standard, it's what I learned on.

7HbnV1F.jpg

If we ever thaw out I look forward to getting them both out of the garage. Hopefully I will see some of you fellow Mustang owners during the warmer months! The McDonalds in Highland does a "car show" every Friday night starting when the weather breaks and I plan on heading down there often. There is always a great turnout. It'd be fun to get some fellow S550 owners parked next to me! :ford:

Beautiful cars. I wouldn't mind coming out when the weather is warm

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I have to say that I have yet to see a 15 Mustang "in the wild" yet. My wife saw a 50th LE in White and someone I know saw a DIB one near Chester, but I have yet to see one. Just at the dealerships.. In a way I'm glad as I won't see myself coming and going all over yet but it would be nice to catch just ONE on the road .. Anyone see any in our area?

Sponsored
OP
OP

i3anditz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Gt premium auto
I have to say that I have yet to see a 15 Mustang "in the wild" yet. My wife saw a 50th LE in White and someone I know saw a DIB one near Chester, but I have yet to see one. Just at the dealerships.. In a way I'm glad as I won't see myself coming and going all over yet but it would be nice to catch just ONE on the road .. Anyone see any in our area?

I haven't seen any in the area as well.

bogey928

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BJ
Vehicle(s)
After visiting the dealer I eventually ordered my car from in November 2014, I was driving home on 17K past Stewart Air Force Base and I almost drove off the road because I was staring in disbelief as a Black 2015 GT Coupe was heading in the other direction. It had a front plate so I knew it wasn't out for a test drive. That's when I knew I had to have one. Then when I test drove a triple yellow GT the following weekend, it just reenforced the fact that I would be ordering one.

I just returned back from Las Vegas this past Sunday, and while I was walking down the strip at night I saw a 2015 DIB coupe heading north on the strip.

drbrian722

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Congrats on the car!
I'm just on the other side of the state line in CT and work in Danbury and Stamford and have only seen one in the wild. A magnetic GT with no PP at the Danbury mall with NY plates.
Many years ago I had a fox body in fire engine red and it attracted too much attention, so I decided to go with a more subtle color this time, especially since this will be my daily driver.
I see no one has a front plate... is that causing any issues?

OP
OP

i3anditz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Gt premium auto
Congrats on the car!
I'm just on the other side of the state line in CT and work in Danbury and Stamford and have only seen one in the wild. A magnetic GT with no PP at the Danbury mall with NY plates.
Many years ago I had a fox body in fire engine red and it attracted too much attention, so I decided to go with a more subtle color this time, especially since this will be my daily driver.
I see no one has a front plate... is that causing any issues?

I only had the car since Friday so no issues so far. I'll keep it off until I get pulled over.

Friend of mine been running no front plate on his Honda Pilot for 3 years and had no issues
Sponsored