buying used procharger kit help!

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Proper plug depends heavily on how the car will be driven. Using the colder plugs and doing a lot of short trips or long daily driving you are just going to foul the plugs out easier. Because of that you want the hottest plug possible. I don't think the kit came with plugs so if there is a risk of over heating them it's extremely minimal especially since you are not pushing the kit at all.
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Well i dont think anyone can come on here and state how anyone eles drives their car.My kit is far from not being pushed.Also and im not 100% sure if the stock plugs are platinum but if they are then its definitely highly recommended u change them because boost/nitrous does not fair well with platinum plugs.If im taking mine out to gap them im putting new ones.The car does not have to be up to full operating temp to have detonation happen.Their not offered in the kit so they can make a few more dollars when selling the kits,just like tstats.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Proper plug depends heavily on how the car will be driven. Using the colder plugs and doing a lot of short trips or long daily driving you are just going to foul the plugs out easier. Because of that you want the hottest plug possible. I don't think the kit came with plugs so if there is a risk of over heating them it's extremely minimal especially since you are not pushing the kit at all.
the 6510s do not have fouling issues. and are actually the factory plug in all the 3.5 and 2.7 ford ecoboost vehicles. there is ZERO problem driving on the 6510's

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i should add that early ecoboost vehicles used the same plugs as the coyote and ford later changed to a colder plug in the 13+ trucks. these are boosted vehicles from the factory. there was a reason ford changed them ;)

OP
OP

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Do I need to get opg/cs done with the setup I'll be running ??(page1)
Car is a weekend toy not a daily driver. Is it safe to run without opg/cs even if I don't raise the stock limiter ? And only shoot for 550-600 whp ??

Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Car is a weekend toy not a daily driver. Is it safe to run without opg/cs even if I don't raise the stock limiter ? And only shoot for 550-600 whp ??
I don't have the OPG and race the crap out of it .. I shift at 7300 . I have had no problems so far but once I have the money I'm going to install a set ..I running right at 700 HP on E85 ..

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

you will be fine with the stock gears at 7200 ish and below. i dont have gears and shift mine at 7300 for 2 years now.

OP
OP

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Sounds good !
Sponsored