Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
The issues several people have are not based on the order in which they are performing the task.

Typically, the difficulty simply comes from the fact that the lower mounts on all 4 corners of the CB005 Kit are tight tolerance pieces that square the cradle within the car.

The OEM Cradle is not always centered and true....neither are the (4) inserts in the chassis.

Hence the reason many people have a very hard time using centering sleeves with our CB005.
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Sorry don't agree the instructions don't need updating as you can see by all of the issues people are having (1 update is putting what you just said on them - ie. "This could be the L, R or Front/Back. Whatever is easiest." in regards to the "side") ... and most will not post about issues anyway (as I didn't originally until someone else posted).

Just trying to help.

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The issues several people have are not based on the order in which they are performing the task.

Typically, the difficulty simply comes from the fact that the lower mounts on all 4 corners of the CB005 Kit are tight tolerance pieces that square the cradle within the car.

The OEM Cradle is not always centered and true....neither are the (4) inserts in the chassis.

Hence the reason many people have a very hard time using centering sleeves with our CB005.
Completely agree with this. The whole point of the product is to eliminate the slop in the stock IRS by squaring and securing the cradle. To do this requires a much tighter tolerance and since the stock mounts are a little sloppy, some people are going to have a harder time getting it square than others.

The last bolt on mine was a bit of a bitch, not gonna lie. I needed a partner to pry the cradle close enough to get the last bolt started. At the end of the day, the product is simply awesome and is well worth the extra effort that some have to put in. IMO, this should be the first purchase for anyone who buys an S550, then vertical links. Even if you're not any sort of racer, if you do any spirited driving the LAST thing you want is wheel hop.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Another suggestion is explaining how to "move the cradle" as I found on that youtube video above ... how is anyone supposed to know that spot circled by Gee is where we move it from? Certainly wasn't on the instructions.

It's simple details like this that help first-timers out ... ie. do NOT assume they know anything.

Again, just offering constructive criticism ...

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

does this kit do the same as the Steeda S550 Subframe Alignment and Support kit? Which is easier to install? And for what is this https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-alignment-kit-rear-subframe-for-bmr-cb005-555-4447.html
It is very similar in function to that + the Steeda Subframe Braces. When picking your path to stabilize the cradle, it's CB005 or those together. I have not installed the Steeda parts so I cannot comment on the ease of it relative to the CB005. The CB005 is a pretty easy install though. I had mine on in a little over an hour.

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
So that means that I could use this over the steeda kit?
And it works together with the subframe braces from Steeda?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So that means that I could use this over the steeda kit?
And it works together with the subframe braces from Steeda?
You could use this instead of the Support System + Alignment + Braces combination, yes. You could also use the subframe braces from Steeda and the CB010 kit, if you were inclined. You could also do the CB005 and just the Steeda alignment pins made for the CB005.

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
Well my brother came up and gave me a hand. Had it done in an hour and a half :shrug:. Not really sure what exactly we did differently except somewhat starting from scratch. I did buy another jack. Wanted a better, low profile one anyways. I do think that may have made a difference, having 2 jacks to maneuver on each side. I appreciate that tip. I also used the jacks on the previously mentioned areas of the subframe instead of the pumpkin.

The roads were cool and wet tonight so didn't push the short test drive too hard, but did feel tighter in the back from what I could tell. Didn't notice any increased NVH thus far. Happy to have them on.

Appreciate you guys chiming in with help. Glad to have some support when I'm worried I've effed my car up lol.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Well my brother came up and gave me a hand. Had it done in an hour and a half :shrug:. Not really sure what exactly we did differently except somewhat starting from scratch. I did buy another jack. Wanted a better, low profile one anyways. I do think that may have made a difference, having 2 jacks to maneuver on each side. I appreciate that tip. I also used the jacks on the previously mentioned areas of the subframe instead of the pumpkin.

The roads were cool and wet tonight so didn't push the short test drive too hard, but did feel tighter in the back from what I could tell. Didn't notice any increased NVH thus far. Happy to have them on.

Appreciate you guys chiming in with help. Glad to have some support when I'm worried I've effed my car up lol.
You'll really start to notice it when you go put power down coming out of a corner. It feels far more connected and settled, which gives you the confidence to push harder and the control to keep it in check. Glad you got it all in! :cheers:

Sponsored

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury

Do you have to lower the subframe as well?

Is there an installation video available?

Edit:
You could use this instead of the Support System + Alignment + Braces combination, yes. You could also use the subframe braces from Steeda and the CB010 kit, if you were inclined. You could also do the CB005 and just the Steeda alignment pins made for the CB005.
Sorry I don't get it.

So I can use the BMA CB005 instead of Support System + Alignment + Braces? Or CB005 + Steeda braces? Is it really easier to install the CB005 instead of the Steeda stuff? I'm asking because I maybe want to install it by myself.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Cannot use Steeda Braces with CB005...you can use Steeda Braces with CB010 which is the same as CB005 minus the CB005 braces...hope I explained that right.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have to lower the subframe as well?

Is there an installation video available?

Edit:

Sorry I don't get it.

So I can use the BMR CB005 instead of Support System + Alignment + Braces?
Yes.

Or CB005 + Steeda braces? Is it really easier to install the CB005 instead of the Steeda stuff? I'm asking because I maybe want to install it by myself.
No, you can use the CB010, which is the CB005 without the front arms, with the Steeda braces.

I would say it's no harder and possibly easier to install the CB005, as there are fewer parts and they mount similarly. It's very doable by yourself. I did it myself in a little over an hour, and while I'm pretty experienced and handy, by no means a master mechanic.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Coyote Red in sport mode

The CBoo5 is similar to "torque arms", and together with J&M or Steeda subframe bushings will keep the rear aligned and "stable" thru the twisty's. I've also added the CB006 4 pt. brace for the front subframe which comes with "billet aluminum" bushings. These together will plant the cars suspension "level" through the Twisty's. Then you may continue to coilovers or lowering springs to help further the "aero" capabilities for speed on the track with ultimate control. Ya feelin me?
tn_DSCN1318.JPG

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Great to hear you got it together. Go have some fun when the roads dry out!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.