Sponsored

Dealer asking for an extra £1000

Mr Wibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT550
Pretty sure there is small print to the effect of this however THEY have made the mistake in not putting it on there and you are the one buying a £37000 car.

I'm sure they will drop the matter of you threaten to drop out you ain't the one in the wrong in my opinion
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure there is small print to the effect of this however THEY have made the mistake in not putting it on there and you are the one buying a £37000 car.

I'm sure they will drop the matter of you threaten to drop out you ain't the one in the wrong in my opinion
The small print says you pay the value of the car, the VED increase, you have to pay for the increase in that, it's all in there, this has been discussed thousands of times, If this isn't him paying for the VED increase, not sure what the heck the dealers are going for but they can't upcharge you on that.

The fact OP went in a few weeks to confirm is the only sceptical bit I have, OP could demand the dealership were negligible and demand a freebie or few dropped in for the added issues. But would still have to pay probably.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(

Not sure they will care. They will just put that up for sale with the new price list price and make more money. Very very rare there is any sort of deal to make with the Mustang.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Not sure they will care. They will just put that up for sale with the new price list price and make more money. Very very rare there is any sort of deal to make with the Mustang.
Yeah, this ^, if you make a threat to walk away you need to be prepared to do so. As mentioned by others i'd make a big point of how recently the lower price was agreed and how the extra 1000 will be a stretch, could they offer any sweeteners, etc, but if they're solid on their new position i'd just suck it up. It is there in black and white whether their mistake or not.
Personally nothing would have made me walk away from the Mustang i'd waited 14 months for, not including the previous quarter century. Unless it turned up red of course...then i'd have thought about it ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, this ^, if you make a threat to walk away you need to be prepared to do so. As mentioned by others i'd make a big point of how recently the lower price was agreed and how the extra 1000 will be a stretch, could they offer any sweeteners, etc, but if they're solid on their new position i'd just suck it up. It is there in black and white whether their mistake or not.
Personally nothing would have made me walk away from the Mustang i'd waited 14 months for, not including the previous quarter century. Unless it turned up red of course...then i'd have thought about it ;)
Yeah red would add an extra cost with all the incontinence pants you'd have to buy because of how fast it is ;)!

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Never gets old this, does it! :D
No, unlike you, who is ancient judging by the colour choice

(I like how this has transcended from a M6G joke, to a joke literally everyone picks up on, on facebook and at meets and such :lol::lol:)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
(I like how this has transcended from a M6G joke, to a joke literally everyone picks up on, on facebook and at meets and such :lol::lol:)
Yeah, wonder how that could have happened...:paddle:;)
[MENTION=14447]Centurion07[/MENTION] 's other classic - dog dick red - doesn't appear to have made the jump :shrug:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I often call it dog dick red but because its such a common colour I worry about being slapped around by a load of dog dick drivers ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
@Centurion07 's other classic - dog dick red - doesn't appear to have made the jump :shrug:
OMM made the jump, as has "Blue being slow" and "red being fastest" but I'm bias and omnipotent, soooo... ;)!

[MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION] don't know about you, but up here nobody plays with their pets gentiles including the slapping up of them or driving of them ;)!

Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I often call it dog dick red but because its such a common colour I worry about being slapped around by a load of dog dick drivers ;)
Says the guy who added a red pinstripe to his blue car to eek out that extra little bit of performance :headbonk:

Oh and according to the m6g UK spreadsheet blue is the most common colour choice for the MY17 :)

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Says the guy who added a red pinstripe to his blue car to eek out that extra little bit of performance :headbonk:

Oh and according to the m6g UK spreadsheet blue is the most common colour choice for the MY17 :)

clearly alot of reds are listing as blue to make them seem faster :)

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
[MENTION=14447]Centurion07[/MENTION] 's other classic - dog dick red - doesn't appear to have made the jump :shrug:
I would guess because when you point out to someone they have an OMM, you know you're dealing with a pensioner.

Pointing out someone owns a DDR and well, god alone knows what kind of weird freak you're dealing with and how they'll react. :lol: