OP
OP

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
go both or go home. imo.
Do you, know I agree, both it is - the overwhelming feeling is both. Glad I asked, sometimes you get so close to it all you being to wonder.

The masses have enabled clarity.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly how noticeable are your gloss black rear calipers hidden away in the dark behind gloss black wheels...? :headbonk:
They're not meant to be noticeable mind you, the logo's are meant to be, they actually look really visible when driving which is what I was going for ;)!

[MENTION=24040]Goosey[/MENTION] the rear pony badge was from a set I got from EBAY USA it was 2 Mustang decals for the front, and 2 ponys for the back. (Well, you could put them anywhere, that's just what I chose due to space). The rear ones SLIGHTLY wrap around the edge of the caliper.

Edit: it was this set http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...741989?hash=item25b3d308e5:g:xrwAAOSwSHZWgLEX (But that's a link for red ones, not black or white or something that would stand out on purple and fit with your car)

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
Do you, know I agree, both it is - the overwhelming feeling is both. Glad I asked, sometimes you get so close to it all you being to wonder.

The masses have enabled clarity.
I've done calipers on my last car, and I know that if I only did one pair I would have a constant nag at the back of my mind about the non-paint matching set.

Also possible to get some 'brembo' stickers etc of fleabay to set the newly painted ones off nicely.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Unquestionably both.

Regarding the colour. Man, life is too short to be worrying about what others think.

Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Given the value of the car, I'd only get them powder coated at a local (can hand deliver) place; hand painting (I've done it many times) looks okay but I'd worry about the finish.. that is, unless there is better stuff out there these days; it's been a while since I did it.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Given the value of the car, I'd only get them powder coated at a local (can hand deliver) place; hand painting (I've done it many times) looks okay but I'd worry about the finish.. that is, unless there is better stuff out there these days; it's been a while since I did it.
I had painted using lead based paint (Foliatech) it self levels so looks the boll0x, but as with all paint, the work is in the prep, so lots of masking tape :)

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I had painted using lead based paint (Foliatech) it self levels so looks the boll0x, but as with all paint, the work is in the prep, so lots of masking tape :)
thats the stuff I took to Mike, they were not impressed, mind you was a brush on, brush hairs in the paint as they were doing it, so they took it all off and they sprayed the calipers using their stuff

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
thats the stuff I took to Mike, they were not impressed, mind you was a brush on, brush hairs in the paint as they were doing it, so they took it all off and they sprayed the calipers using their stuff
Yeah I didn't use their brush, the brush is rubbish, I used to be a fine detail painter (@Sheps5.0 can attest to my collection of minatures painted) I only ever use horse hair brushes as they generally don't fall out ever, and they have to be moulded into the brush with a metal clasp on them, otherwise, don't go near them. Stick to "Citadel" brushes usually. But yes, the stuff is vile to use, disgusting smell, odd texture but it works a charm when it's on lol!

Sponsored

ZombieHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red California Special
On many cars [other than Mustangs] I've done both but like others I don't like the look of some of the smaller 'finger' style calipers in the rear painted, so on mine I finally went with all painted but Red in Front and Black in the back and I'm happy with it, The car is red and black so that helps.. I'd like a bigger rear caliper set then I go red there too.. any painting makes them look good longer...

OP
OP

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
mine are going to be taken off, stripped, then painted and re assembled. I am going to be doing back and front but if I truly dont get on with the back ones I can repaint them gloss black and will probably put some purple decal on them...who knows time will tell

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
mine are going to be taken off, stripped, then painted and re assembled. I am going to be doing back and front but if I truly dont get on with the back ones I can repaint them gloss black and will probably put some purple decal on them...who knows time will tell
You'll be fine with them painted mate don't worry about it.
Sponsored