Sponsored

Spring help

fast88fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT Premium PP
So I replaced my front springs today and following one of Bill's video's. Everything is going great till I have to remove the 2 strut bolts at the bottom. They remove so easily in the video....mine on the other hand took me 10 minutes of wacking hard on them with a 3lb hammer. I finally got them off but of course it ruined the nuts and the bolts. I assume I have to get these parts from Ford? Does anyone know the part numbers or even better have a link to one of those virtual parts guides with the 3D pictures that shows all the parts on our cars and the part numbers?

I hope the back set goes a bit easier.

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

fast88fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT Premium PP
I found a set of 4 at LMR. I don't suppose we a forum discount code for LMR?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think I heard an easier way is unload the front spindle by putting a jack under it and jack it up slightly.

OP
OP

fast88fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT Premium PP
I think I heard an easier way is unload the front spindle by putting a jack under it and jack it up slightly.
I wish I had tried that...it could have saved me $25 and several days waiting on the parts. Jacking it up never crossed my mind unfortunately.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I wish I had tried that...it could have saved me $25 and several days waiting on the parts. Jacking it up never crossed my mind unfortunately.
Yeah, working on mechanical stuff is like that sometimes.

If it makes you feel any better one time I spent the better part of a morning trying to unseat a lower control arm joint on a Mercedes ML500. Using finesse, intelligence, some floor jacks, pickle forks a hydraulic ram I made no progress at all.

Then a friend of mine dropped by for a beer, took a quick look at it, picked up a three lb hammer and whacked on the side of the bearing seat as hard as he could and it popped apart like toast from a toaster.
Sponsored