I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
Whoa!! Damn traffic got in your way!!

I think he's lost....that's the wrong direction....
Noname.jpg

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Whoa!! Damn traffic got in your way!!

I think he's lost....that's the wrong direction....
Seriously. I intentionally grid last to see how many I could pass. I was feelin' kinda racy with the new tires lol.

OP
OP
BTM

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
My Accel wasn't what it usually is :confused:
Totally normal readings, Todd. The gauge basically just keeps the max value in its memory until you reset it, and the conditions that create big max values in the 4 different directions are all different, and may nor occur in your sampling period.

These are all possible to max at 1.1-1.3G fairly easily with good 200TW tires;

Acceleration: by drag race style launch (i.e. good traction and launch control at 3500-4000rpm)

Left/Right: high G turns, which is obvious, but you could also just jerk the wheel for an instant hard to that side and get a big number

Braking: hard....near ABS threshold

So, on a typical track day, most drivers are turning and braking hard, but rarely taking off hard from the staging lane into the out lap. Hence....half or so your possible max there.

I once got yelled at by a track official for launching hard off the staging lane, laying rubber through 3 gears.....:rant:

OP
OP
BTM

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
If y'all like what you see in that video, come join Speed SF on April 29!

https://www.motorsportreg.com/event...-west-2-miles-raceway-park-speedsf-com-798143

Speed SF - 04/29 Thunderhill West 2 miles

Speedsf.com
Saturday, April 29, 2017
Thunderhill Raceway Park, Willows, CA
Registration ends in 14 days on April 28, 2017 11:59 PM PDT

Speed SF leaders have been hosting High Performance Driving Events for over a decade all over California. Our staff is friendly and includes experienced track instructors, drivers and current race professionals. We limit the driver entries in each run group to minimize traffic resulting in more quality track time. Please come check us out, and invite a friend. Thank you for your support. Our events usually located at Thunderhill Raceway Park, Sonoma Raceway (Sears Point), Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow Raceway. For details, please visit Speedsf.com

Thunderhill Raceway - (103 db) West 2 miles

Apr 29th, 2017 (Saturday)

Five 20mins Session , 4 Run Groups, (Advance, High Intermediate, Low Intermediate, Beginner)
All cars welcome with different level of experience groups.
Optional Time Trail Series: Speed SF Challenge, compare your lap time with other drivers in your class. Details: http://speedsf.com/speed-sf-challenge/
Full Track $199/Driver
Skid Pad $75/Driver
Helmet Rental Available at the track

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Totally normal readings, Todd. The gauge basically just keeps the max value in its memory until you reset it, and the conditions that create big max values in the 4 different directions are all different, and may nor occur in your sampling period.

These are all possible to max at 1.1-1.3G fairly easily with good 200TW tires;

Acceleration: by drag race style launch (i.e. good traction and launch control at 3500-4000rpm)

Left/Right: high G turns, which is obvious, but you could also just jerk the wheel for an instant hard to that side and get a big number

Braking: hard....near ABS threshold

So, on a typical track day, most drivers are turning and braking hard, but rarely taking off hard from the staging lane into the out lap. Hence....half or so your possible max there.

I once got yelled at by a track official for launching hard off the staging lane, laying rubber through 3 gears.....:rant:

Somehow I got these numbers last season on some terrible tires. Maybe I need to lay down a couple gears worth of rubber next time off staging...:lol::lol::lol:
20170413_133627.jpg

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Do you know what the DB level for our cars typically is with just a catback i am curious if I would pass with my car as is. You guys said the microphone is near the straight?

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like the same course we went to last time

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Looks like the same course we went to last time
Same course for sure. Not too sure about the db level. We all have different exhausts too.

OP
OP
BTM

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Last time I was at T-Hill West, there was a guy with an S550 with headers, no cats, and a pretty loud catback. Definitely louder than my car, and he did not get flagged for sound.

Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last time I was at T-Hill West, there was a guy with an S550 with headers, no cats, and a pretty loud catback. Definitely louder than my car, and he did not get flagged for sound.
This gives me inspiration to go

OP
OP
BTM

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=26919]viva_brasil[/MENTION] - Hey Nik, welcome to the thread! You gonna run with Speed SF this weekend? My new toy isn't quite ready to run yet, but I'll be there in the 'Stang. :ford:
IMG_3785.JPG
IMG_3784.JPG