Sponsored

Magnaflow Tru-X X-pipe.... where to buy?

BUTTSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sheldon
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT deep impact blue performance pack manual
I know this thread is rather old but I'm just wondering what the outcome was with this setup? Thanks

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
It's being fitted on Friday.

I will update!

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
@buttstang

@magnaflow

@guy@nemesis

Alright then, this little exhaust box from Magnaflow....

Whats it like, well its like magic, to be honest! What a well made and cleverly designed little thing. I dont know what kind of wizardry they use, but it makes for a nice sounding car! :)

So now I have stock headers and CATS, to the Magnaflow resonated Tru-X X pipe, followed by new stainless magnaflow 2.5" pipes back to the Roush axle-backs.

The exhaust place was very good. Not cheap, but worth it. They made one stupid (in fact very stupid mistake) of cutting up my Ford Racing X pipe to make an adapter to form the connection between the OE downpipes and the Magnaflow X pipe. This of course means I cant sell the FR part on :( For the sake of asking me (I was in the waiting room FFS), theyve effectively cost me 200euros and they did a decent expression of a Gallic shrug when I brought them up on it.

However, I dont want to ponder on it, as the quality of the work on the exhaust itself is spot on. All sections nicely welded together too, instead of nasty joining brackets everywhere.

Another +ve was that theyve adjusted the rear hangers on the Roush axle-backs so that they sit absolutely 100% perfect in the rear bumper apertures. I could never get them to sit quite right, but theyve done a lovely job. Interestingly, they had to remove and re-position the hanger on the left-side Roush as from the factory it was badly positioned and wouldnt allow for an optimum positioning on the car. A bit strange, I thought.

The results:

I was a bit worried at first, because I couldnt bloody hear anything, but it appears thats down to 2 reasons:

1) Its such a well designed thing that it seems to send the exhaust noise 'backwards' out the car, IE where its supposed to go.

and

2) Its actually 'livening' up as I put some KMs on it, as opposed to 'settling down' like most systems do. The noise now (IMO) is spot on. Its still got the lovely woffling and pops you get from an X pipe, its still got the same great noise from the Roush's, but its lost that painful 'hard' edge that the FR part was giving, and it no longer makes an obnoxious wall of noise. Cold starts and full beans are now significantly (massively!) quieter. My neighbours will thank me, im sure.

Quick vid with the new set up:

[ame]

And, I made some 11s:

[ame]

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Whats it like, well its like magic, to be honest! What a well made and cleverly designed little thing. I dont know what kind of wizardry they use, but it makes for a nice sounding car! :)

So now I have stock headers and CATS, to the Magnaflow resonated Tru-X X pipe, followed by new stainless magnaflow 2.5" pipes back to the Roush axle-backs.

The exhaust place was very good. Not cheap, but worth it. They made one stupid (in fact very stupid mistake) of cutting up my Ford Racing X pipe to make an adapter to form the connection between the OE downpipes and the Magnaflow X pipe. This of course means I cant sell the FR part on :( For the sake of asking me (I was in the waiting room FFS), theyve effectively cost me 200euros and they did a decent expression of a Gallic shrug when I brought them up on it.

The results:

I was a bit worried at first, because I couldnt bloody hear anything, but it appears thats down to 2 reasons:

1) Its such a well designed thing that it seems to send the exhaust noise 'backwards' out the car, IE where its supposed to go.

and

2) Its actually 'livening' up as I put some KMs on it, as opposed to 'settling down' like most systems do. The noise now (IMO) is spot on. Its still got the lovely woffling and pops you get from an X pipe, its still got the same great noise from the Roush's, but its lost that painful 'hard' edge that the FR part was giving, and it no longer makes an obnoxious wall of noise. Cold starts and full beans are now significantly (massively!) quieter. My neighbours will thank me, im sure.
Awesome videos! :thumbsup: We're happy to hear that everything came out to your liking! It is normal for you to notice a little more sound as the mufflers new packing material gets broken in.

Sponsored

Guy@NemesisUK

Threads
Reaction score
Website
nemesisuk.com
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
Project NemStang / Modified UK S550 Mustang GT
That sound awesome [MENTION=21204]kapiteinlangzaam[/MENTION]

It seems to have taken the harsh edge of sound compared to just the X-pipe and Mufflers:

Loving the launch video from: 2:07. The sound goes on forever with you going off into the distance! :headbang:

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Yup, the normal X pipe kind of made a harsh 'wall of sound' on full throttle. As well as many, many more Db!

RT302

RT302
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 convertible automatic GT
Is this the same mid pipe cj pony parts has posted about recently?

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Yes. Basically due to growing popularity they've now made a direct bolt in pipe.

I had to have custom connections made for mine, but this is now a bolt-in effort.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
[MENTION=21204]kapiteinlangzaam[/MENTION] after living with this set up for a while would you say it would be ok for a daily driver? Is there any drone in the cabin? How is the volume in the cabin at normal road speeds? Are you able to control the volume easily with your throttle input?

I am considering this (along with corsa sport) as it sounds great in your video but my car is a daily driver so I don't want a cop magnet!

Thanks

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Mines a daily car, too. Switched to this because I couldnt stand my previous effort (Ford Racing X).

Its very easy to modulate the volume on the throttle. You can sneak around if you want to, or raise hell too.

I just posted some vidoes in the other thread, take a watch. I think its a lovely sound and as far as im concerned no drone.... although thats always a personal thing to a certain extent.
Sponsored