OP
OP
Walt

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
I think they should pay fixing the holes.
I'm sorry to hear that Walt. You can easily take them off but the holes are as a ugly as the holder itself. The bumper plastic around the holes gets pulled outwards, so these need to be drilled out to become even again. Then you could push a rubber tab in them to cover them up. g'luck!
Well the dealer messaged me telling he had mounted the plate, so I assumed he used the plate holder. When I actually came to see the car they just drilled the plate in without a plate holder. They did that on all mustangs in the showroom. :shrug:

It certainly looks better without the plate holder but it's still screwed in, and unfortunately done terribly. It's not even mounted close to the middle.

Even though I asked NOT to mount the plates they still did but I'm already over it. I just hope it won't rust that way.

The car itself is great, everything I expected and better! Almost perfect panel aligning.

See you guys on the road! :cheers:
Walt
Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Well the dealer messaged me telling he had mounted the plate, so I assumed he used the plate holder. When I actually came to see the car they just drilled the plate in without a plate holder. They did that on all mustangs in the showroom. :shrug:

It certainly looks better without the plate holder but it's still screwed in, and unfortunately done terribly. It's not even mounted close to the middle.

Even though I asked NOT to mount the plates they still did but I'm already over it. I just hope it won't rust that way.

The car itself is great, everything I expected and better! Almost perfect panel aligning.

See you guys on the road! :cheers:
Walt
The bumper is from plastic so assume it won't rust ;-)

Shame they did drill trough though, I see more & more dealer modified cars lately, still most of them has the nasty plate brackets. I don't get it, they spend the extra money on styling the looks of the car etc. and don't know about the license plate holder until it's to late.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Yeah I saw craig's holders before, but I don't trust the 3M tape enough, what if it comes loose while I'm on the highway or something. Maybe it's safer and even better to just stick the plate directly to the bumper using 3M tape.
Mine's stuck on there over a year now through rain and hail (and a little sun :)) it comes with a 3M VHB primer that seems to be important to get it stuck. Actually the biggest issue I have is that the nuts "wiggle" a bit after driving on our bumpy roads so that the plate isn't perfectly aligned with the bumper... (which is easily fixed by "loosening" the bolt, adjusting and tightening again).

It's also easy to remove for that clean view ... I'm getting a new mount now due to some damage to my plate and bumper from an accident, but I can't seem to make up my mind wrt to Craigs or the Sto'n'sho...

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
have to correct this... it was NOT easy to remove after being on for about a year... basically the "bolt" was stuck so hard that the plastic ring around it got loose, i.e. I could turn and turn but it wouldn't come off... still, the VHB thing stuck like glue :D

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
For rear plate, I screwed it directly to the bumper. You won't have chance to drive without rear plate so no worry if you have 4 holes in the bumper :)

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
our plates aren't designed for screws really... they're supposed to be "snapped" on a holder... I've been using the German Solution for now, but it's gathering dirt behind the plate so I was looking for a solution that covered better and was still removable... (because sometimes you just need to take the plate down)

Everything they sell up here have that 1-2 cm fat strip on the bottom for ads - which I have no intention of putting on my lovely car :)
Sponsored