Sponsored

Power Pack installs

svtsupremacy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Anyone had a powerpack installed yet?

I got a Powerpack 2 coming in the mail this week, and i'm just trying to have it installed by a competent dealer that isn't going to quote me 4+ hours of labor for essentially an intake swap and tune.
Sponsored

mswift5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt (guard)
The mustang shop in Auburn is really good and reasonable.

OP
OP

svtsupremacy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Im in Anacortes. I'm trying to have it done at a dealership so I retain all the warranty stuff. Frontier Ford just quoted me $450...not sure I'm willing to pay that for a intake swap.

ORANG50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
665rwhp 531rwtq

Sponsored

crcolton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Race Red
I'm also looking for a good place to do this. I am located in Renton WA, but work up in Redmond. I called Bowen Scarff in Kent and got quoted $470, I felt like I must have explained what I was looking for wrong. I asked if I could email them for a quote but the service advisor said it would be the same. I look at the reviews on the Mustang shop and it makes me nervous. Did anyone get it this installed in the Seattle area yet?

Darkside

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP 6sp
A lot of mechanics do side work. I'd look into that.

^^Sidenote, I work in Redmond also.

Luisiv32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
Power pack

Did you guys even find a dealer that would do it for a reasonable price?

OP
OP

svtsupremacy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Have not had time to take it anywhere...haven't bothered shopping any other dealerships either. I will probably just show up and try and bargain with the dealership the next time I get a weekday off. $450 is kinda stupid considering it is 2 hours labor MAX

Sponsored

WSUBUM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EB Premium Guard
Bickford is another option. I just emailed them about a powerpack purchase/install on my Ecoboost. They quoted $237 for install but wouldn't budge on the $699 MSRP of the power pack.
A little disappointing even with other dealers and online vendors offering a better price.

WSUBUM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EB Premium Guard
Bickford went from $237 (emailed quote) to $320 (over the phone) for two hours. Apparently the ford performance guy costs more.

Ford of Kirkland said basically a "dummy" could install in then refused to install it.

Next on the list is Evergreen Ford. I didn't think it'd be this difficult for something so simple. Part of me wishes Ford Performance sent out a service bulletin because this is getting laughable.

rayban1

Rayban1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium Guard
Bickford, they have a mechanic that does a lot of supercharger installs, his name is Buff. Knows his stuff. You can buy it online cheaper and have them install it, thats what I want to do when I buy a supercharger. Still debating on which one.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I did that buff is phenomenal,... Great mech

WSUBUM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EB Premium Guard
My only issue is the cost. When I spoke with the Service person over the phone, she said that their Ford Performance guy (Assumingly Buff) was $160 an hour. So $320 for the intake and tune install seems pretty steep. I might need to go in and chat with them to see if I can't work out something more reasonable.
Sponsored