Sponsored

2015 Mustang V6 Exhaust Sound Clip Thread

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I'm really happy for you man I was feeling guilty about making the flowmaster thread after you bought them.
Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
UJ,
Man, you gotta god damned octopus attackin' your underside there! :D

Very exciting news!!!
You definetly have something to celebrate...

Glad to hear it worked so well !!! After you recover from the shit load of beer at the blues festival, I look forward to hear more about this.

I can see that the frame brace I have on my convertible right where you welded into you OEM pipes is not going to work. I'll need to tap in 'after the bend. Were you able to use the full length you wanted to? What was that length? If you have more pics of the sea monster from diff. angles, let's see em'. I'm going to have to try to copy you brother. :thumbsup:

Did you completely lose your drone at every rpm level?

I wonder when we'll ever hear back from Mr. Secret (Zacharia ;)) on his clandestine exh. project. I heard rumor it involves plutonium or lazers or something. :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I wonder when we'll ever hear back from Mr. Secret (Zacharia ;)) on his clandestine exh. project. I heard rumor it involves plutonium or lazers or something. :D

[/SIZE]
Hehehe I think you will be surprised with what I have planned! :thumbsup: From what I have done thus far it looks as though I will not be needing my resonators either! More work to be done before that is final but that greatly simplifies things... Have you heard the teaser "trailer" yet? haha :D

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
IT WORKED!!!!
:D :headbang: :cheers:

I just got back from the muffler shop, and what a difference. The drone is GONE! I was realizing how relaxed I felt on the way home - I guess that drone was stressing me more than I realized.

The difference is 1000 bazillion percent better. Here's before and after video:

Before with drone:

After with NO drone:

It ain't real pretty, but man oh man! Best $180 I've spent in a while - $100 for the angles, then $80 for the installation. He told me $50, but like I told him, he also told me it would take about 30 minutes. Much closer to 1 1/2 to 2 hours. He did me fair, so I did him fair. Besides, I know I'll be back.

Yippee!!! Now, off to the blues festival and my upcoming close relationship with the girls working the beer stands....
I am glad it worked for you as well!! It is amazing how well it works isn't it? :hail:

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Hehehe I think you will be surprised with what I have planned! :thumbsup: From what I have done thus far it looks as though I will not be needing my resonators either! More work to be done before that is final but that greatly simplifies things... Have you heard the teaser "trailer" yet? haha :D
I just listened to the trailer again. It does sound nice! If you already have the sound complete, can you give a hint as to what you will be working on for the next two weeks?

Oh, you are maybe putting on Thrush side pipes... taking the 2015 back to the day? :thumbsup:
Thrush-2.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I just listened to the trailer again. It does sound nice! If you already have the sound complete, can you give a hint as to what you will be working on for the next two weeks?

Oh, you are maybe putting on Thrush side pipes... taking the 2015 back to the day? :thumbsup:
Haha not quite! Although I am sure some did do this back in the day! I am really just waiting on my exhaust pipes to be bend (getting mandrel bent tubing made) and the exhaust tips. I am going with 4" double walled tips this time around. Once these two arrive (next week hopefully) I can get to work on the final design!

That picture gave me an idea though. Among other things... :thumbsup: Think 2012 boss 302 quad exhaust.... Interesting.... :D

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I think I have a couple other pics that I'll get up next week sometime. Yes, they figured out how to get the full 33" to fit - That's why it took as long as it did for them.

On the highway at 70-80 it is whisper quiet - While before I couldn't even hear semi's I was passing, now I can hear cars easily. I hear tire noise again!Weird thing to be happy about, right? There is a hint of a rumble on the highway - just enough and a nice exhaust tone.

There are a couple spots of drone, but they're pretty mild. From about 1600-1900 rpms, there is a bit, then a quick spike (but even milder) at 2500, then it seems there is another right at 4000. The 1600-1900 isn't great, but it's liveable for sure. Dave - where your drone is you may want to go longer than I did.

Thanks for the help Zack!

And Bay1stang - no worries. You called it right! I was expecting there could be problems being the first with the system... I'm just glad I got it so that it sounds good now.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
That picture gave me an idea though. Among other things... :thumbsup:
Well, that picture gave me some ideas too. More related to intake than exhaust! ;)

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Yes, they figured out how to get the full 33" to fit -
There are a couple spots of drone, but they're pretty mild. From about 1600-1900 rpms, there is a bit, The 1600-1900 isn't great, but it's liveable for sure. Dave - where your drone is you may want to go longer than I did.
UJ,
I might need 4-5 " longer than yours. I would not be able to connect as far forward as you did, due to the convertibles rear frame bracing in that area? :(. I'd be curious of your guess of how many inches there might be left behind your resonators?

And Zack 'says' he's waiting for parts, but I bet his exhaust turned out so HOT, that he has been side tracked by some sweetie in hot pants...
Not that there is anything wrong with THAT! :lol:

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
UJ,
I might need 4-5 " longer than yours. I would not be able to connect as far forward as you did, due to the convertibles rear frame bracing in that area? :(. I'd be curious of your guess of how many inches there might be left behind your resonators?

And Zack 'says' he's waiting for parts, but I bet his exhaust turned out so HOT, that he has been side tracked by some sweetie in hot pants...
Not that there is anything wrong with THAT! :lol:
HAHAHA well I am going to pick up my girl at University of Maryland today. :lol::thumbsup:

But! I guess I will show you what I am planning! This is not my exhaust or my car but is a reflection of what I am creating! (with 4" tips instead of the stock ones) Thats right... Straight muffler delete with no drone during testing! I am curious to see how the muffler delete pipes and tips change the sound though. My guess is that it would make for a slightly deeper note and add in a few crackles and pops.

(Credit to WesleyENG for the picture)
11149046_10203904738443191_872545576_n.jpg

Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
HAHAHA well I am going to pick up my girl at University of Maryland today. :lol::thumbsup:

But! I guess I will show you what I am planning! This is not my exhaust or my car but is a reflection of what I am creating! (with 4" tips instead of the stock ones) Thats right... Straight muffler delete with no drone during testing! I am curious to see how the muffler delete pipes and tips change the sound though. My guess is that it would make for a slightly deeper note and add in a few crackles and pops.

(Credit to WesleyENG for the picture)
That will be interesting to hear. I don't recall. Has anyone on the forum already done a muffler delete on their V6 like Wesley did on his EB?

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
That will be interesting to hear. I don't recall. Has anyone on the forum already done a muffler delete on their V6 like Wesley did on his EB?
I don't believe so. That video I did was of a muffler delete just before the 90 going to the mufflers. So that extra section of piping should change the sound some. We shall see!

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Magnaflow competition series

[ame]

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
That video doesn't sound very good imo... sounds like resonator delete.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)