Sponsored

SCT X4 - Tune giving P068A error

AJofEarth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic
So I recently put on a custom tune and i now get the error P068A. This only happens when the custom tune is on, but when stock is put back on the error goes away.

Any insight?
Sponsored

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
If I remember correctly, that code is for PCM power cutting off too soon. Sounds like the PCM is powering down before the tune is completely written on to it. It seems weird to me however that you're apparently able to write it back to stock without issue...

OP
OP

AJofEarth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic
If that's the case, that's a very odd situation indeed. Do you know of any fixes?

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
its the battery issue... make sure you start the car for about 5-10 mins to charge it.. and the flash it again..

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
it's been common on these cars since 2011, don't worry about it, clear it and it's gone

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
it's been common on these cars since 2011, don't worry about it, clear it and it's gone

This.

Mine does that about 1/2 the time.

I will say that it seems to not happen if I don't immediately unplug the sct and turn car off. I let it sit for a minute before i do. I thought it was maybe killing ignition before ecu was completely "rebooted".

When it throws it, I just clear it and it never returns.

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
If that is related to the power cutting low then I've had it the last couple times even when hooked up to a battery charger. I've just cleared it and moved on

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
If that is related to the power cutting low then I've had it the last couple times even when hooked up to a battery charger. I've just cleared it and moved on

It's not related to power cutting low.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
it is a non issue, don't give it a 2nd thought

Sponsored
OP
OP

AJofEarth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic
Great I'm glad it's not something concerning. Also, while we're on the topic - what is the difference between performance and race tunes?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Great I'm glad it's not something concerning. Also, while we're on the topic - what is the difference between performance and race tunes?
marketing....

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Hey - It's looking like you already got some help in here on this but I just wanted to take the time to jump in for a moment and clarify some of the differences in between your Bama Performance and Race Tune. Your Performance tune is going to geared and calibrated for the every day, bouncing around town tune but more - You're going to experience improved throttle response and horsepower throughout the curve while maintaining a greatly improved feel and overall driveability. Put simply the performance tune is going to offer a seamless blend of power and performance again with OEM like driveabiltiy.

While Bama advertises the Race Tune as being something for the track only I choose to take that with a small grain of salt as I've had my '08 (I know it's apples to oranges) on the Race Tune for over a few years now. It's just that much more entertaining to drive on the street. Some customers have complained that it's too sensitive but this is due to it being geared as an all out performer. Being said It's hands down that much more fun to drive on, just my opinion. This tune will ensure the largest increase in performance - Using the highest grade fuel is mandatory for this tune as timing, fuel, TiVCT, and throttle response settings again are highly aggressive.

Let me know if you're to have any other questions at all and I'm here to help!

Alex
Sponsored