1 week old and adding some hood and underhood goodies

dspenc8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford White EB Prem 50Anniv, 201A
The forums are places for people to get ideas on everything from daily drivers to show cars to race cars. There's nothing wrong with not like everyone's choices, but no need to bash. one persons opinion of what's real or fake is still an opinion.

Really u can be kicked off the site for bashing others.
Sponsored

dspenc8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford White EB Prem 50Anniv, 201A
Question on the plastic carbon fiber dipping...

What about applying that to the black valances around the body? Will it hold up? Is it too costly?

OP
OP

muztangman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sweetness
I will be doing my side skirts probably front lip as well. Its same process as painting a car so it will hold up as well as the paint on your car. Other person you have a stick on carbon fiber overlay so your piece is not real carbon its a real carbon fiber sticker and that means it serves no purpose other then allowing you to see that its a sticker since it doesnt cover the whole piece and it does not sit flush with the piece looking very poorly to me.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
"my carbon fiber sticker is more real than your carbon fiber paint!"

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
LOL

there are 2 reasons to do CF.. the first is for looks, in which case the paint or stickers achieve the same look.

The second is weight reduction, an overlay over the stock part does NOTHING to reduce weight, because you're adding the extra material.

I totally understand people that do real CF for weight reduction looking down on the sticker/paint crowd.. But thats the first time i've seen anyone in the paint/sticker crowd look down on the other :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sponsored

OP
OP

muztangman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sweetness
I nearly crapped myself when I found out the guy was bashing hydrodipping while running a carbon fiber overlay sticker. Gotta love the internet

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Hey, the Queen Family Truckster was good enough for Clark to bag a babe like Beverly D'Angelo...

He also could've gotten Christie Brinkley!

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
I am not down on cosmetic mods. Paint stripes, or wrap your mirrors, put a spoiler on or a bigger splitter, rename your car, paint the badges, but fake carbon fiber is fake it looks silly trying to be something it isn't. It is all show and phoney at the same time. Hell have skulls hydro dipped on your car no one is being fooled by skulls or flames or naked ladies but hydro dipped carbon is a lie, a cheat to the guy who does pay the price and lives with the faults and the benefit of real carbon.
:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:
LOLOLOL...a cheat to the guy who pays the price huh. Man you are on your high horse! You actually are against quite a few mods. You don't like most things that aren't functional, like side scoops and hood scoops. You've said that in other threads before. So I take it you get offended when a guy has a "fake" version or cheaper version of something you have done just because you paid full price? Without knowing for sure, but you are probly that guy who hates on I4's and V6's because you paid full price for the "REAL" deal....:paddle:

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Getting upset because someone has something that looks like yours, might be time to rethink your life.

Sponsored
OP
OP

muztangman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sweetness
Sounds like they should put a copyright on carbon fiber lmao

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
My question again is where is your company, what do you charge to dip parts and how can we find out more? It looks great.