Sponsored

Is The Navigation Necessary on an S550?

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
YES it is necessary. I have nav/maps in my BMW. I wouldn't cheap out on that if you get a premium mustang. Even though I use google maps on my phone for time to time to verify something, I have to come to use it all the time. I always leave the nav on, and it shows all the streets around you when you are driving, even if you don't set a destination. Its very useful to see upcoming streets and other info.

Especially since you are considering a manual trans and you are young, better to use voice command navigation in your car to keep your eyes on the road, rather than look down and check your phone.

When I get my 2016 Mustang, I will definitely get it... 2016 will have a better nav interface. They are releasing "Sync3" for the 2016 Fords.
Sponsored

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I stop at gas stations and ask for directions

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
With all the technology, I still prefer unfolding my paper maps and using a book they call "Road Atlas". Bonus feature... I can open it and read it while driving :D Downfall... I get a lot of strange looks at stoplights :ninja:

Sponsored

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
With all the technology, I still prefer unfolding my paper maps and using a book they call "Road Atlas". Bonus feature... I can open it and read it while driving :D Downfall... I get a lot of strange looks at stoplights :ninja:
Because that's just way less distracting than a navigation system that tells you where to go while keeping your eyes on the road, lol.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Next car I get I'm gonna skip the Nav system and just hire a native American to ride shotgun and track down the location of our next destination.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Because that's just way less distracting than a navigation system that tells you where to go while keeping your eyes on the road, lol.
I don't need anyone telling me where to go. Got a wife for that.

bootyeater69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CompOr GT MT-82
i wouldn't want to buy a used car with factory nav...it's most likely outdated
Sponsored