Kinda disappointed in Bama

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
I purchased Bama's 93 octane tune back in December thru American Muscle, and I've been happy with it. The only mod - in addition to the tune - is FR's touring catbacks.

Anyway, I'm thinking about adding a Steeda CAI, so I e-mailed Bama a couple of questions on March 23rd. No response; so I sent a follow-up e-mail on Sunday, March 29th. Still no response, other than their form e-mails saying we'll get back to you when we can.

Since I supposedly got free tunes for life when I purchased the tune in December, and given that I want to add Steeda's CAI (w/out the restrictor), I simply wanted Bama to confirm that, yes, they can update my tune to be compatible with Steeda's CAI.

And I also asked that perhaps Bama has been refining the tune these past several months so maybe that's another reason to get it updated.

Anyway, I had a good experience when I purchased the tune, but now that I'm taking them up on the free tunes for life, seems my questions are being ignored. Anyone else have a similar experience with Bama?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
I purchased Bama's 93 octane tune back in December thru American Muscle, and I've been happy with it. The only mod - in addition to the tune - is FR's touring catbacks.

Anyway, I'm thinking about adding a Steeda CAI, so I e-mailed Bama a couple of questions on March 23rd. No response; so I sent a follow-up e-mail on Sunday, March 29th. Still no response, other than their form e-mails saying we'll get back to you when we can.

Since I supposedly got free tunes for life when I purchased the tune in December, and given that I want to add Steeda's CAI (w/out the restrictor), I simply wanted Bama to confirm that, yes, they can update my tune to be compatible with Steeda's CAI.

And I also asked that perhaps Bama has been refining the tune these past several months so maybe that's another reason to get it updated.

Anyway, I had a good experience when I purchased the tune, but now that I'm taking them up on the free tunes for life, seems my questions are being ignored. Anyone else have a similar experience with Bama?

Thanks.
I've only had good experiences with them. You know they have a phone number as well. You could try that, someone will usually pick up right away and set you right.

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
I've only had good experiences with them. You know they have a phone number as well. You could try that, someone will usually pick up right away and set you right.
Thanks, Jewishthunder. I probably should just call them. I'm a little surprised by their lack of response b/c when I was originally purchasing the tune, they were very responsive to my e-mail inquiries. Answered all of my questions and were just very helpful.

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
Bama has not done a tune yet for the unrestricted Steeda CAI. I am waiting for them to complete this before I take the restrictor out. This is as of about a week 2 weeks ago. They should be doing the tune within a 2 week timeframe from what I was told.

I had very good email response from Bama.

John Sauers (BAMA Performance)
Mar 24, 9:13 AM
We recently just got in our own steeda intake for the 15 so tunes wont be ready for another week or two do you want me to write tunes for it without or just put this on hold?

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt

Thanks.
Hey BeauxXL1200 - I'm sorry about the delay and inconvenience on their end! I'm not entirely sure what the hold up is but I know that they've been a few days behind but that's nuts! I'll see to it that they contact you about this shortly but as Thompyt had said Bama is still in the process of having their calibrations dialed in for this Cold Air Intake.

In the interim have you had them get a datalog from you as of recent? I've been highly encouraging their customers to do so in order to really experience the true potential of their tunes on the Coyote motor. I'll make sure you hear from them very shortly and if you haven't had a datalog setup simply reply to their response and they'll walk you through it.

If you're to have any other questions at all please don't hesitate to let me know, I'm always around to help!

Alex

Thanks, Jewishthunder. I probably should just call them. I'm a little surprised by their lack of response b/c when I was originally purchasing the tune, they were very responsive to my e-mail inquiries. Answered all of my questions and were just very helpful.
Jewishthunder Thanks for taking the time to post up your feedback and experience working with them. They're a bunch of mad scientists that I would trust with my life. They love to make power and when they're not here they're on the street, dyno and track with their own builds and their fleet cars. Being said I'll play devils advocate here though and to be honest, I hate making phone calls and I couldn't tell you the last time I've ordered a pizza over the phone! AmericanMuscle and Bama strives to have the best customer service and technical support possible and I just wanted to apologize to Beau again for the delay. Whenever spring hits everyone gets their cars out and starts modding and they can get set back a couple days!

Don't hesitate to reach out if you're to have any other questions and I'm here to help and we hope you have a great rest of the evening!

Alex

Sponsored

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
Dang Bama, 171 file update?

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Hey BeauxXL1200 - I'm sorry about the delay and inconvenience on their end! I'm not entirely sure what the hold up is but I know that they've been a few days behind but that's nuts! I'll see to it that they contact you about this shortly but as Thompyt had said Bama is still in the process of having their calibrations dialed in for this Cold Air Intake.

In the interim have you had them get a datalog from you as of recent? I've been highly encouraging their customers to do so in order to really experience the true potential of their tunes on the Coyote motor. I'll make sure you hear from them very shortly and if you haven't had a datalog setup simply reply to their response and they'll walk you through it.

If you're to have any other questions at all please don't hesitate to let me know, I'm always around to help!

Alex

Jewishthunder Thanks for taking the time to post up your feedback and experience working with them. They're a bunch of mad scientists that I would trust with my life. They love to make power and when they're not here they're on the street, dyno and track with their own builds and their fleet cars. Being said I'll play devils advocate here though and to be honest, I hate making phone calls and I couldn't tell you the last time I've ordered a pizza over the phone! AmericanMuscle and Bama strives to have the best customer service and technical support possible and I just wanted to apologize to Beau again for the delay. Whenever spring hits everyone gets their cars out and starts modding and they can get set back a couple days!

Don't hesitate to reach out if you're to have any other questions and I'm here to help and we hope you have a great rest of the evening!

Alex
All -

I heard from Bama this afternoon. They apologized for not responding to my e-mail inquiries.

As you guys have stated, they have not yet finalized the tune for the Steeda CAI w/out the restrictor, and they told me they have been backed up since winter is winding down and folks are taking their cars out of storage.

I knew something was up b/c their tune and customer service was first rate when I purchased the tune.

I'm gonna wait a few weeks to allow them to finalize the tune for the Steeda CAI and then I'll place my order with Steeda and get the updated tune from Bama.

I'm gonna also work with Bama to get them a datalog so I get the biggest bang from their tune and my mods.

Thanks, all.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Dang Bama, 171 file update?
Hey Thompyt - Can you shoot me a PM if possible so I can get a better idea what's going on??

Alex

All -

I heard from Bama this afternoon. They apologized for not responding to my e-mail inquiries.

As you guys have stated, they have not yet finalized the tune for the Steeda CAI w/out the restrictor, and they told me they have been backed up since winter is winding down and folks are taking their cars out of storage.

I knew something was up b/c their tune and customer service was first rate when I purchased the tune.

I'm gonna wait a few weeks to allow them to finalize the tune for the Steeda CAI and then I'll place my order with Steeda and get the updated tune from Bama.

I'm gonna also work with Bama to get them a datalog so I get the biggest bang from their tune and my mods.

Thanks, all.

Hey BeauxXL1200 - Sorry about the delay on their end again. The Bama Team has been working literally around the clock to have tunes created and review and revise logs. They strive to get their customers turned around as quickly as possible but for an email to go unattended like this for so long is no good at all! If there's absolutely anything else I can lend a hand with or if you're to have any other questions please don't hesitate to let me know and I'm happy to be your primary contact here at AM! You're going to love the tune after the logs are pieced through and revised!

Alex

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Hey Thompyt - Can you shoot me a PM if possible so I can get a better idea what's going on??

Alex

Hey BeauxXL1200 - Sorry about the delay on their end again. The Bama Team has been working literally around the clock to have tunes created and review and revise logs. They strive to get their customers turned around as quickly as possible but for an email to go unattended like this for so long is no good at all! If there's absolutely anything else I can lend a hand with or if you're to have any other questions please don't hesitate to let me know and I'm happy to be your primary contact here at AM! You're going to love the tune after the logs are pieced through and revised!

Alex
Thanks, Alex.

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Alex.
Hi Alex -

Well, I just ordered Steeda's CAI. I would have ordered it thru AM but when I went to the site, I didn't see where AM was offering it for the 2015 Mustang. Just earlier years. So, I ordered it directly from Steeda.

Anyway, I'm hoping Bama has got their tune dialed in for the Steeda CAI without the restrictor. I'm about to contact them with this question and about getting my tune updated to compensate for the Steeda CAI without the restrictor if the tune is in fact ready to go.

I also want to get them a data log, as you suggested, to get the most benefit from the tune. Can you briefly explain to me how I can do that? I'm assuming I download data from the car to the handheld device, plug the handheld device into my computer, download it, and then e-mail it to Bama?

Thanks for your thoughts, Alex.

Ralph

Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Hey Ralph - We we're a little behind getting our order in through Steeda and Bama's currently working on the developing the curve for their cold air at this time. They should have them available shortly!

In regards to the datalog that's a great question and it's very simple. Depending on what Bama is going to have you log you would receive and install the tune - You install the tune then depending on what they'll want (Idle, Cruise, Wide Open Throttle) They'll have you drive around while your tuner records the data from your PCM. You'll then send the datalog back to Bama so that the tuning calibrators can pick apart the tune to ensure you're making the best power. If they're to see something that's off they then have corrections and adjustments made and shoot over a revised tune. After that they'll likely have you log the revised tune again. Let me know if you're to have any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Hey Ralph - We we're a little behind getting our order in through Steeda and Bama's currently working on the developing the curve for their cold air at this time. They should have them available shortly!

In regards to the datalog that's a great question and it's very simple. Depending on what Bama is going to have you log you would receive and install the tune - You install the tune then depending on what they'll want (Idle, Cruise, Wide Open Throttle) They'll have you drive around while your tuner records the data from your PCM. You'll then send the datalog back to Bama so that the tuning calibrators can pick apart the tune to ensure you're making the best power. If they're to see something that's off they then have corrections and adjustments made and shoot over a revised tune. After that they'll likely have you log the revised tune again. Let me know if you're to have any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex
Ah, that's how it works. Okay. Thanks, Alex. The Steeda CAI should be here in a week or less. If Bama has not perfected the tune by then to fit the Steeda CAI, I'll just run the CAI with the restrictor for a while.

Thanks again.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Ah, that's how it works. Okay. Thanks, Alex. The Steeda CAI should be here in a week or less. If Bama has not perfected the tune by then to fit the Steeda CAI, I'll just run the CAI with the restrictor for a while.

Thanks again.
Hey BeauxXL1200,

I just wanted to throw up a reply in your thread as well - While they don't have the calibration just yet and are working on this you're absolutely able to run the Cold Air Intake with the restrictor in the interim. If anyone has any questions at all please don't hesitate to let me know and I'm here to help!

Alex

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Alex.