Sponsored

Video: Installing Dual-Color Front Turn & Sidemarker LEDs! BIG front-end upgrade!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
The "new" versions, I was sent as replacements, were EXACTLY the same other than some of the white plastic has been ground down with a dremel...
Yes, they are ground down to allow for better clearance, as shown in our video. This is indeed what causes most of the fitment problems, but we did make additional changes as well.

The base is actually a completely different mold, but it's pretty hard to tell unless you analyze it with a caliper. Small variations on the tabs, specifically. Also, importantly, the contact pin wires are reduced in diameter and better-aligned with the grooves. Very small changes that most people probably won't notice.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Just installed my switchbacks, here's a vid with the hazards on to show the difference. Not only is the DD brighter, but it's a more noticeable flash as well, just easier for someone else to see your turn signal. DD is on driver's side, passenger side is stock.

Thanks for sharing. Always love the crisp instant on/off of a LED over the slow sluggish warm up/cool down blinking of an incandescent. I need to order these soon. :D

Danger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015, Performance Package, Ingot Silver
These lights are very nice. At night when I hit the remote, these lights look so bad a$$. I also have the reverse LED which I think is a must especially for those of you who live in rural areas or have dark tints on your back windows. Thanks Diode Dynamics for the fast shipping as well.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

OctopusWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP & AP
Just wondering on the switchcbacks...
I received them earlier this week, put them aside until i had some time to put them on. Went to put them in today and noticed that 1) both of them are scratched and dinged up pretty good, almost as if someone else had already installed and then returned, 2) that the pin lengths on the 2 are different lengths; one of the lights has pins that are noticeably longer than the pins on the other and 3) the one with the shorter pins, which coincidentally is more dinged up than the other one, also has a loose dome lens that spins freely, whereas the other does not move at all.
Is this normal, in that the quality from one light to another can differ so greatly or did I somehow get a bad light or set? Dont really feel like going through the process of installing and then pulling them out to send back.
And the marks/dings are definitely more than just normal handling or dremel marks. These things are not brand new stock.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Just wondering on the switchcbacks...
I received them earlier this week, put them aside until i had some time to put them on. Went to put them in today and noticed that 1) both of them are scratched and dinged up pretty good, almost as if someone else had already installed and then returned, 2) that the pin lengths on the 2 are different lengths; one of the lights has pins that are noticeably longer than the pins on the other and 3) the one with the shorter pins, which coincidentally is more dinged up than the other one, also has a loose dome lens that spins freely, whereas the other does not move at all.
Is this normal, in that the quality from one light to another can differ so greatly or did I somehow get a bad light or set? Dont really feel like going through the process of installing and then pulling them out to send back.
And the marks/dings are definitely more than just normal handling or dremel marks. These things are not brand new stock.
The bases are re-tooled by hand to ensure proper fitment in the 2015's socket, but please send our customer service team an email to: [email protected] so we can take a look and provide you with a replacement if needed.

Our shipping team inspects every order closely prior to shipment. It's unlikely that a bulb was sent out in that condition or with any noticeable defects.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but we will make sure you are taken care of.

Thanks,
Nick C.

OctopusWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP & AP
Message sent.
I've had a couple of other issues already within the same order, not referenced above, so hopefully it can be resolved.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Message sent.
I've had a couple of other issues already within the same order, not referenced above, so hopefully it can be resolved.
I will let our team know

Thanks,
Nick C.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Just got these today and popped them in. They fit snug and work great. Love the extra light output as well. Got all those ugly incandescents swapped out with your LEDs now. Love the look. Thank you very much DD, I may end up buying the resistors as well for the blinker speed although the galloping horse sound isn't all that bad really. Try to get some pics up this weekend once I get it cleaned up. Thanks. DiodeDynamics. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Just got these today and popped them in. They fit snug and work great. Love the extra light output as well. Got all those ugly incandescents swapped out with your LEDs now. Love the look. Thank you very much DD, I may end up buying the resistors as well for the blinker speed although the galloping horse sound isn't all that bad really. Try to get some pics up this weekend once I get it cleaned up. Thanks. DiodeDynamics. :)
Thank you for ordering with us!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures

Nick C.

USAF

#GTFOsquad_0047
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 1993 GT
Great customer service.....Great product!!!...
the switchback's stand out and clean the front up nicely

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Yes, they are ground down to allow for better clearance, as shown in our video. This is indeed what causes most of the fitment problems, but we did make additional changes as well.

The base is actually a completely different mold, but it's pretty hard to tell unless you analyze it with a caliper. Small variations on the tabs, specifically. Also, importantly, the contact pin wires are reduced in diameter and better-aligned with the grooves. Very small changes that most people probably won't notice.

Thanks!
DD: I got one of the first set of "modified" switchbacks. Have there been any additional changes now that they are being produced with the new specs? I'm thinking the contact pin wires. Do mine have the smaller diameter wires? Thank you.

And please, take the inline resistor kit off the back burner and let get them to market :)

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
DD: I got one of the first set of "modified" switchbacks. Have there been any additional changes now that they are being produced with the new specs? I'm thinking the contact pin wires. Do mine have the smaller diameter wires? Thank you.

And please, take the inline resistor kit off the back burner and let get them to market :)
We did modify the pin size to ensure a better fit in the socket, and better contact with the metal tabs.

There will be an update on the inline resistor kit very soon! :D

Nick C.
Sponsored