Sponsored

Corsa Xtreme Catback Vs Borla S Type Catback..PLS HELP

Ravens89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey everyone, I finally got rid of my Flowmaster Outlaw Catback..it had a awesome tone was super loud but the drone and rattling inside made me move on.

I know how everyone loves the Corsa i still havent found anyone thats said a bad thing about it. I have also watched all the youtube clips i can find on the s type and the xtremes. I know the Corsa will be bit louder and more raspy.

My specific question is for anyone thats had both or has experience with the systems to tell me if i'm driving through my neighborhood and trying to be quiet is it possible? My flowmaster system was loud even when i was trying to be quiet ( I couldn't sneak up on anyone) it was just constant noise. Has anyone had any trouble with law enforcement with either system? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :cheers:
Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Borla S type is going to be a bit quieter than the extreme. The Corsa sport catback is more on par with the Borla Stype in terms of volume. I personally like the sound of Corsa and the sport catback sounds nice and deep by itself but also does great if you plan on running headers later on.

If we can help you out in any way dont hesitate to give us a shout!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Corsa and don't look back

Sponsored

stook2001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
I just installed the Borla Touring catback this week and love it. It's quieter than the Borla S Type because is has a Borla resonator. It has a very deep tone and is still definitely noticeable that it is not stock. Beefcake can setup you up with a deal if you PM him.

ninjawasaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I originally wanted to do the S-Types but ended up going with the Corsa Sports (thx Beefcake!) just because it seems to hold the tone together better in the upper RPM range based on youtube vids. I love it, sounds amazing when you are on the gas then when you let off of the throttle and into cruise mode it gets nice and quiet, like it's not even there. I live in an apt complex where we have attached garages...so I was a little concerned the noise might be too much. Cold start in the garage is a bit loud, but just creep it out and it's fine...and it goes away in like 5-10secs anyway. Hell my old ram 1500 with just a super 40 muffler I could hear droning away in my apt, not so with the corsa sports.

I'm going to try and get a nice video recording next week with some decent mics (thinking a stereo pair of some Sennheiser shotguns) to get a decent representation of the sound of pulling away and towards.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
if you don't want too crazy

corsa sport, borla touring, magnaflow street, mbrp

we can help with any of those

JoelinNOVA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 R
Get the Extremes,it is by far the best exhaust for this car. If anyone says its too loud trade it in for an Eb you're bought the wrong car.

Iceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150,2016 PP GT
Get the Extremes,it is by far the best exhaust for this car. If anyone says its too loud trade it in for an Eb you're bought the wrong car.
agreed, unless your are going long tubes then go with the sport catback.

Sponsored

SkattrBrane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 Race Red
I have the Borla S type with Stainless Works headers that was on the car when I purchased it. It is loud and sounds amazing. It does have a little rasp at the higher end of the rpm range, but I think that is more a product of the coyote engine than the exhaust. The coyote just seems to give off more of a rasp than previous ford engines.

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
I have Borla s-type with H pipe. Love it, people tell me all the time either it sounds good or it's to loud. The only problem is that I wish I went with the atak. There's no drone and at highway speeds you do hear the tone around 75 and higher. You can hear it at a stop light but barely. I'm trying to upload a few videos but it's not working right now. I do want louder now. Thinking of trading for atak or going with solo performance. Corsa does sound great to. I would find someone around you with the setups you like and hear them in person.

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto

Iceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150,2016 PP GT
I have Borla s-type with H pipe. Love it, people tell me all the time either it sounds good or it's to loud. The only problem is that I wish I went with the atak. There's no drone and at highway speeds you do hear the tone around 75 and higher. You can hear it at a stop light but barely. I'm trying to upload a few videos but it's not working right now. I do want louder now. Thinking of trading for atak or going with solo performance. Corsa does sound great to. I would find someone around you with the setups you like and hear them in person.
Are you planning on going long tubes?

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
Are you planning on going long tubes?
No going with the mak cat delete setup. I would like long tubes, but the cost and labor just doesn't seem worth it. Plus the easy swap back to stock for emissions or if I want to sell the car. The setup I want is solo thunder and cat deletes. Throw in a Ngauge and Lund flex tune. This could be the best bang for the money.
Sponsored