Sponsored

Need some help/advice

LBMs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Recaros LBM
Hey guys just looking for a little bit of advice I have a 2017 GT with the Recaro seat option. However I was trying to put base seats in the car as I got a set pretty cheap and I can go back-and-forth between the two for road trips and what not.

The problem I'm having is once the driver seat is installed plugged in and it works fine however the passenger seat doesn't move in any direction. I have Eliminated it being the seat itself as I have plugged in the passenger into the driver side and it works and the driver seat is into the passenger side and it doesn't work. I have also checked the fuses and they are all fine even switched fuses to make sure . Is there something I'm missing in order to make the seat work properly ?
Sponsored

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Can't help with the technical issue but I don't blame you. The base seats are comfy.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Have you measured the voltages on the passenger side connector and compared them to the drivers side? I bet it isn't connected to power and ground.

OP
OP

LBMs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Recaros LBM
Then why would it plug into the Recaro seat?

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Then why would it plug into the Recaro seat?
Sensors, etc. related to the various safety restraints (airbags, etc) which all seat versions need?

Looking at fordparts.com there are numerous body floor wiring harnesses and one of the variables is seat type. I also looked at the service manual CD but nothing was obvious other than the the fact that there are various occupant sensors and obviously side airbag wiring in the passenger seat.

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found some info on power to the passenger seat. You may need to run a power wire.

[/url]
[/url][/IMG]

OP
OP

LBMs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Recaros LBM
Seems silly to power at the driver seat but then not power the passenger seat plug

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems silly to power at the driver seat but then not power the passenger seat plug
Sorry you apparently don't appreciate the work I went to to help you last night.:(

Silly to you because you don't know what other reasons Ford had for bringing power to the driver seat. Buy the CD yourself and see you can figure it out if you care.:D

Maybe Ford uses the same wiring version of the relevant wiring harness for the Recaro cars as they do for base EB cars which have power driver and manual passenger seats.

Maybe trade the seat you want to use for a base EB manual passenger seat which will have manual adjustment.

Remember all the seats have side airbags.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
OP
OP

LBMs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Recaros LBM
Not sure how my message portrayed me not being grateful for the effort you put in. Pretty pretentious of you to think that I didn't appreciate it.

Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Not sure how my message portrayed me not being grateful for the effort you put in. Pretty pretentious of you to think that I didn't appreciate it.
I'm guessing the lack of a "thank you" before your comment on Ford being silly. Just a guess...:D

phillybob232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum 2017 GT/CS
Dude, just stop. He went digging through all that info to try to help you and this is the language you use? Here let me help you. Next time, say something like this:

"Thanks for all the help!"

See? Not too hard.
Sponsored