Sponsored

So Ford has a 3.0 v6 again...

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
It's a 3.0TT making 400hp in the new Continental, and I think another Lincoln.

Am I the only one that would like to see a refreshed (lighter, bit smaller) Taurus with this and a 6spd? I think that with the 3.0 and a manual they could do a nice call back to the original SHO.

It would easily be an Audi fighter and since many still seem to not know what a SHO is, a rather nice sleeper to come up next to a Camaro SS or SRT8 at the light once you get a few mild mods on it. The Fusions are already doing mid 12s with little more than, TB, intercooler, tune and catback.

Side note: I feel the Fusion Sport should be called the Fusion SHO.
Sponsored

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's a 3.0TT making 400hp in the new Continental, and I think another Lincoln.

Am I the only one that would like to see a refreshed (lighter, bit smaller) Taurus with this and a 6spd? I think that with the 3.0 and a manual they could do a nice call back to the original SHO.

It would easily be an Audi fighter and since many still seem to not know what a SHO is, a rather nice sleeper to come up next to a Camaro SS or SRT8 at the light once you get a few mild mods on it. The Fusions are already doing mid 12s with little more than, TB, intercooler, tune and catback.

Side note: I feel the Fusion Sport should be called the Fusion SHO.

We had a similar thread going on this. I for one am a sucker for sports sedans with a manual transmission, but I would prefer a V-8. If I had the budget I would already own an ATS-V, or even a Chevy SS. If ford brought over the falcon or something of that nature, I'd prefer that over both.

With that said, I love my mustang haha.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I would have loved a Falcon FPV.

FOr me right now I have 3 cars that I can debating on.
2017 Mustang GT 401A + PP
2018 Mustang GT 401A +PP
Any year Chevy SS manual

The mustang would be faster, but the SS just has a... refined appeal to it for some reason.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I would have loved a Falcon FPV.

FOr me right now I have 3 cars that I can debating on.
2017 Mustang GT 401A + PP
2018 Mustang GT 401A +PP
Any year Chevy SS manual

The mustang would be faster, but the SS just has a... refined appeal to it for some reason.
When I ordered my GT/PP, I did some diligence, and test drove a few different sports sedans, including the SS. Man, that car was amazing. I was very nearly swayed, but there were no manual-equipped SS cars within like 600 miles of Charleston, and Rick Hendrick Chevrolet wouldn't order one, nor would they do a no-cost dealer swap for me. They wanted me to pay for all transport costs of both vehicles, plus a fee. I told them it would be cheaper for me to fly to wherever the car was, deal with the other dealer directly, then drive it home. They told me I could go do that, then harassed me every single day for the next two weeks about buying one of the automatics they had on their lot.

But damn, that car was good. I couldn't stomach $48k for a Chevy, even if it was really a Holden. Of course, that $48k would have turned into more, when I rebadged the entire thing as a Holden.

JR