Sponsored

What is it about the 2018 mustang GT that gives it the sub 4 0-60?

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Nah, it's the rear wing providing all that extra downforce on the rear tires at launch.
I thought it was the all new digital dash
Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Am I the only one who pays zero attention to 0-60 times? The 1/4 mile is a superior metric of a vehicles speed.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I thought it was the quad exhaust acting like jet thrusters? No?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Am I the only one who pays zero attention to 0-60 times? The 1/4 mile is a superior metric of a vehicles speed.
I don't trust official times. Ford said the 2015 EU GT MT does 0-100km/h in 4.8s yet it's impossible to get under 5s stock (that was the result of a lot of different measures on the german forum). As long as no journalist can test the car and tell us about the real performance I think the under 4s 0-60 with 10AT, drag mode nanny Statement is pretty much bs. If the car performs that good why don't they let anyone drive it?

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I don't trust official times. Ford said the 2015 EU GT MT does 0-100km/h in 4.8s yet it's impossible to get under 5s stock (that was the result of a lot of different measures on the german forum). As long as no journalist can test the car and tell us about the real performance I think the under 4s 0-60 with 10AT, drag mode nanny Statement is pretty much bs. If the car performs that good why don't they let anyone drive it?
Ford regularly underestimated the numbers for the USA. I can't speak for the EU. Many members here kill the advertised numbers. Same with the S197.

I am guessing they aren't giving out cars because they are having some quality issues. I am not sure what normal timing even looks like for magazine testing. I always thought this came with first run cars when production starts. No cars have been cleared for shipment yet.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Ford regularly underestimated the numbers for the USA. I can't speak for the EU. Many members here kill the advertised numbers. Same with the S197.

I am guessing they aren't giving out cars because they are having some quality issues. I am not sure what normal timing even looks like for magazine testing. I always thought this came with first run cars when production starts. No cars have been cleared for shipment yet.
What is the advertised number for the 2015 GT, 0-60 in 4,4s? Are you sure people running their car stock can match or even beat the numbers?

I remember that a lot journalist were invited to test the 2016 camaro mules on a track because Jalopnik crashed the mule on the track :ninja:

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Maybe you guys in Germany just weren't trying hard enough ;)

However, I did get a time of 4.8 sec (admittedly on an auto) fully stock, nannying it through first gear

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
What is the advertised number for the 2015 GT, 0-60 in 4,4s? Are you sure people running their car stock can match or even beat the numbers?

I remember that a lot journalist were invited to test the 2016 camaro mules on a track because Jalopnik crashed the mule on the track :ninja:
I don't know about 0-60, but if you check out the section of the forum with 1/4 mile drag times, there are man members beating the claimed numbers.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Maybe you guys in Germany just weren't trying hard enough ;)

However, I did get a time of 4.8 sec (admittedly on an auto) fully stock, nannying it through first gear
AT should be 4.6 sec according to Ford Europe, so you still have a way to go for Fords number :)

I don't know about 0-60, but if you check out the section of the forum with 1/4 mile drag times, there are man members beating the claimed numbers.
I don't think they are driving stock :D

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
AT should be 4.6 sec according to Ford Europe, so you still have a way to go for Fords number :)

I don't think they are driving stock :D
Yes, there are many stock guys in there.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
FORD Press Release about Michelin PS4S said:
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires have been fitted for some of the top performance cars in Europe, and will make their mass-market North American debut on Mustang GT. Sized 275/40-19 for the rear and 255/40-19 for the front, the rubber helps the car achieve a record sub-four-second 0-60 mph time to go along with its available drag mode and 10-speed automatic transmission.
Looks like drag mode, 10-speed and PS4S tires are the reason.