Time to say goodbye

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
In 2014, I couldn't wait for the opportunity to order my new 2015 Mustang. It was the first car I had ever bought brand new.

I put almost 60,000 miles on the car and enjoyed every minute. Unfortunately, the practicality of the car can't be justified with the winters we have in the DC area. I traded in my car and picked up a 4X4.

I got a good deal on the car, but only after I went to Carmax to get an appraisal. Carmax valued my car at $21,000.00 where other dealers appraised it between $16,000.00 and $18,000.

I see that it is up for sale for $24,998.00. It's a great car. In a few years, I'll get a 67 Mustang. Something I can tinker with.

http://www.waldorfford.com/used/For...20a0e0ae70e749f9f7d17d502.htm?searchDepth=1:3

I'll still be lurking from time to time. Thanks for all of the comradery. :ford:
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
So you got bent over trading your car in?

Goodluck with your truck, but to say the Mustang isn't practical because of weather is bs. Get a set of dedicated winter tires and you would have been fine. There are people on this forum that live further North than you and commute fine.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
So you got bent over trading your car in?

Goodluck with your truck, but to say the Mustang isn't practical because of weather is bs. Get a set of dedicated winter tires and you would have been fine. There are people on this forum that live further North than you and commute fine.
Try the Swiss Alps, in snow and fog, on P.Zero A/S
:D

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
Hopefully your reason for trading wasn't just the winter weather - in DC, you would have absolutely been fine with some performance winter tires (Hakkas, Blizzaks, etc) - a dedicated set of tires/wheels would have been far cheaper than what is lost in trade / depreciation.

...and here I am trying to justify a Mustang as a year round DD in the far north east :D

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm glad you got $21K for the trade in. Frankly, I'd have offered between 16 and 18 myself, haha. Have fun with the 4x4. Conti DWS tires and my Mustang went through Chicago snow just fine last year. The last time I take the car up there during that time of the year, though. Salt...
Sponsored