tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
I finally got my vin. priority code 20, what's that mean, production week-Nov 13, order type-stock (I thought it was a special retail order), boy I'm confused-:shrug:explain, thanks
Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
now you wait some more :D

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
whats a code 20 mean?
it means wait for 20 weeks :p

jk, it means nothing unless you know how the dealership you ordered the car is using the priority code, lower number means higher priority but it only applies to that dealership, i.e. if 20 is the smallest number they use, then you have highest priority, but if 20 is the biggest number they use, then you have lowest priority. Also, different dealerships has different systems of assigning this code, so dealership A might decide to use numbers from 20-30 and dealership B decides to use 10-20, the 20 for A is equivalent to 10 for B, so like I said, it means nothing unless you know how your dealership is using that system.

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
it means wait for 20 weeks :p

jk, it means nothing unless you know how the dealership you ordered the car is using the priority code, lower number means higher priority but it only applies to that dealership, i.e. if 20 is the smallest number they use, then you have highest priority, but if 20 is the biggest number they use, then you have lowest priority. Also, different dealerships has different systems of assigning this code, so dealership A might decide to use numbers from 20-30 and dealership B decides to use 10-20, the 20 for A is equivalent to 10 for B, so like I said, it means nothing unless you know how your dealership is using that system.
thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Well, what's the #? I have a production date of 11-27 and my vin # is 1FA6P8CF1J5117505.
my vin is-1FA6P8CF7J5102622, PRODUCTION WEEK OF 13 NOV. It was a retail order but the dealer changed it to a stock order so I'd get it sooner.:ford:

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Everybody's mustang is getting scheduled. But I'm being patient. Mine is a retail priority code 10. So hopefully, I'll get it fast when they Ok to order the first stock orders and start taking retail! :)

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Everybody's mustang is getting scheduled. But I'm being patient. Mine is a retail priority code 10. So hopefully, I'll get it fast when they Ok to order the first stock orders and start taking retail! :)
My dealer told me that they changed my retail order to a stock order because ford was allowing them to order stock orders on Oct 2 but retail orders couldn't be ordered until Oct 22. They said they wanted to see me get my car sooner!My retail order was also a priority 10 but now it's a 20.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Be careful changing orders to stock from retail, when the S550 launched all your stock orders were built first but then sat for almost a month or longer in QC hold while others were being shipped.

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Be careful changing orders to stock from retail, when the S550 launched all your stock orders were built first but then sat for almost a month or longer in QC hold while others were being shipped.
the dealer did this on his own , I never advised him to do it, hopefully it'll all work out for my benefit:amen::amen:

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I just like the idea that my car has my name with it. That way Ford knows someone is waiting on it. But maybe thats just me. I hope they will build retail orders on the 22nd of October then maybe I'll receive my car by November :D

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
the dealer did this on his own , I never advised him to do it, hopefully it'll all work out for my benefit:amen::amen:
Good luck, it's very possible it could go either way. My dealer did end up getting stock orders before my retail one showed up so hopefully yours works out.

I just like the idea that my car has my name with it. That way Ford knows someone is waiting on it. But maybe thats just me. I hope they will build retail orders on the 22nd of October then maybe I'll receive my car by November :D
I agree! Mine was the first car I'd ever ordered and getting to peel the stickers and plastic off was awesome :clap2:

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I also like my name on the sticker but again the dealer did this not me. I'll just be happy to get the car at this point in time, it'll be 8 months if I get it in NOV., that I've been without a car

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
my vin is-1FA6P8CF7J5102622, PRODUCTION WEEK OF 13 NOV. It was a retail order but the dealer changed it to a stock order so I'd get it sooner.:ford:
I just figured out,if you subtract your vin no. from the 5 back from my no. it comes to 14883 divided by 2( the difference in weeks from my build to your build) it comes out to 7441.5 builds a week. can that be possible?wow that's AWESOME SAUCE if it's possible-your thoughts

Scharnow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Kona Blue
Mine's still in order processing. I ordered it within the first couple days of them taking orders, and I have less info than everyone here lol.
Sponsored