Sponsored

$2k Prive Offer

TC_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So on Tuesday I got a email from ford with a "Prive Offer" with no promo code on it - have been to 3 dealers and none can figure it out and default to the regular local offers.

Called ford marketing and they said this offer would replace the $750 offer I was emailed, but the dealer needs to call a special number to use it?

Sound familiar to anyone?
Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I was offered $2500 in rebates from my dealer.

Is this $2k in addition to the current rebates?

That would be bad ass.

OP
OP

TC_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I was offered $2500 in rebates from my dealer.

Is this $2k in addition to the current rebates?

That would be bad ass.
3 dealers have yet to verify what it is

Called Ford marketing, they gave me a number to give to my dealer's finance guy to call, who will then be passed into some secret department to "investigate" this special offer I got.

Im sorry, but buying a Ford is a much more complicated process than any other car I've bought (and I've bought quite a few!)

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
3 dealers have yet to verify what it is

Called Ford marketing, they gave me a number to give to my dealer's finance guy to call, who will then be passed into some secret department to "investigate" this special offer I got.

Im sorry, but buying a Ford is a much more complicated process than any other car I've bought (and I've bought quite a few!)
So I texted my dealer about this, turns out it's over and above anything they offer on rebates and they only send this to .05% of customers.

So, lucky you.

There should be a data base that they can look into, I requested that my dealer do the same for me and he told me I wasn't listed in there.

It's a damn shame because I know for a fact I got one of these for $500 prior to buying my RS, which is rebate wasn't able to be used with.

OP
OP

TC_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Well I had an email offer for $750, which came with a offer number 3-4 weeks ago.

Received this Tuesday afternoon (the $2k offer) but all 3 dealers looked at my phone, handed it back, and said since there is no offer number, they can't use it.

They run the Vincent report and it only shows the $750 rebate I was emailed.

Im pushing back saying "I guess Ford sends out emails to bait people to the dealership and then won't accept their own offer?" so I have one dealer who forwarded on to the local Ford rep, who's sent it on to their boss.... etc...... etc......

So we will see how this pans out - I'm not too optimistic.

I am laying in the weeds as I would probably buy a 300A Automatic car, but should be sub $30k before this scenario.

Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Well I had an email offer for $750, which came with a offer number 3-4 weeks ago.

Received this Tuesday afternoon (the $2k offer) but all 3 dealers looked at my phone, handed it back, and said since there is no offer number, they can't use it.

They run the Vincent report and it only shows the $750 rebate I was emailed.

Im pushing back saying "I guess Ford sends out emails to bait people to the dealership and then won't accept their own offer?" so I have one dealer who forwarded on to the local Ford rep, who's sent it on to their boss.... etc...... etc......

So we will see how this pans out - I'm not too optimistic.

I am laying in the weeds as I would probably buy a 300A Automatic car, but should be sub $30k before this scenario.
It should be very close to sub $30k even without the private cash.

Mickey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Premium
My wife has been in love with the Chevy Volts since they came out and we finally moved to a house without a mountain goat steep driveway so I bought one for her last summer. I had already worked out a deal on the one I knew she wanted (the car was a surprise) when I found a GM private offer brochure in the mail. The offer on the Volt was for an additional 3K off after all other rebates and negotiations. The manager had to make a phone call to figure out how to handle it, but it was painless on my end. My takeaway is actually looking at the mail before throwing it away can be a good thing.
Sponsored